Xplornet high speed service

Big Cliff

About a year and a half ago I signed up with Xplornet Internet services, they promised me 3 MBPS down loads, which I paid for. It was such an improvement over dial up, I thought I was in heaven!

Last november I happened to do a speed test and found out I was getting less than half of what I was paying for. I contacted them and they made me do a bunch of tests. After a few days they told me someone would come out and do a repoint; it never happened but I sort of forgot about it and let it slide.

About a month ago I decided to go with a VOIP phone system and that is when I found out that I was now only getting about 25% of the speeds I was paying for so I called Xplornet again. For the last two weeks I've been getting the run around and lots of promisses but tonight they finally told me that they would be doing an upgrade in my area.......NEXT FEB. They also told me that in the fine print, they don't guarantee speeds and the best they would do for me is give me a 1 month credit. Ya, I pay you $60.00 a month for the past 7 months for something you know you can't deliver or even come close to, and you will give me a month credit?

OK, I need some help here?

To sue them wouldn't make sense, the cost of going to small claims court and the trouble involved doesn't make it worth it. Apparently CRTC can't/won't do anything for me.

Give me some options here people, I know that collectivly we have some extreamly smart people on this site, I may not get my money back you shouldn't PO and old man and I want to hurt them so they quiver in fear if they ever hear my name again! (OK, I'll settle for just getting even).

Oh by the way, I just found out that Cable Cable now offers wireless service here and guarantees their speeds, I'll be calling them tomorrow.

For VOIP I use this Voip Speed Test

Cliff

You will get much better VOIP performance by switching to a terestrial based ISP connection.

There is a 1 to 1 1/2 second lag with satellite connection due to the signal having to make a 36,000 mile trip before it ever reaches the VOIP providers servers.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Ours isn't satellite, it is wireless and the problem is that they promised and have been charging us for something that they can't deliver. It wasn't untile they ran out of excuses that they finally admitted they couldn't give us what we are paying for and then they said "read the fine print, we don't guarantee speeds".

I'll be talking to Cable Cable this morning, apparently they now offer service in the area, their price is about half of what I am paying now and they claim they can deliver the speeds that they have posted.

Ours isn't satellite, it is wireless and the problem is that they promised and have been charging us for something that they can't deliver. It wasn't untile they ran out of excuses that they finally admitted they couldn't give us what we are paying for and then they said "read the fine print, we don't guarantee speeds".

I'll be talking to Cable Cable this morning, apparently they now offer service in the area, their price is about half of what I am paying now and they claim they can deliver the speeds that they have posted.

Go get 'em Cliff! I don't think that there is much you can do about Xplornet, but the satisfaction of saying goodbye and getting what you pay for. How's the VOIP phone working out?

Go get 'em Cliff! I don't think that there is much you can do about Xplornet, but the satisfaction of saying goodbye and getting what you pay for. How's the VOIP phone working out?

sorry to hear your troubles Cliff.. i think John's right, i'd personally just cut my losses and say good bye...

mike

Be sure to contact the BBB and file a complaint... Consumer based blogs such as www.consumerist.com will help spread your message.

Consider an EECB (Electronic Executive Carpet Bomb) Basically you get all the email addresses for the company executives and email them with your situation/complaint. There is also bond/share holder meetings in which you can voice your opinion....

Good luck Cliff! and let us know how you made out..

G

Contact Xplornet head office.

So email or call the boss's and CEO of Xplornet and get the truth. Customer support has become a game. Call in to waste you time, to diagnose that nothing is wrong with your system. So it must be Xplornets system.

Contact information for Xplornets parent company exec's.

http://www.barrettcorp.com/contact.asp

Contact Us

Barrett Corporation

300 Lockhart Mill Road

P.O. Box 9060

Woodstock, New Brunswick

E7M 5C3, Canada

506-328-8853

Malcolm Barrett - Chairman Emeritus

[email protected]

Tel: 506-328-1221

Bill Barrett - Co-Chief Executive Officer

[email protected]

Tel: 506-328-1212

Ed Barrett - Co-Chief Executive Officer

[email protected]

Tel: 506-328-1224

Harold Reiter - President

Barrett Corporation

[email protected]

Tel: 905-792-6053

Stuart Kinney - Corporate Counsel

[email protected]

Tel: 506-328-0610

Sharon Smith - Director of Corporate Communications

[email protected]

Tel: 506-328-1372

Mike Rounsavall - President

Dixie Sales Company Inc

[email protected]

Tel: 336-375-7500 Ext 8400

Heath Alexander - President

Barrett Marketing Group

[email protected]

Tel: 506-328-1231

John Maduri - CEO

Barrett Xplore

[email protected]

Tel: 403-807-8000

Go Get em Cliff!

Thats the problem with the CRTC, they let companies charge on the top teir price not really what you are getting.

Yes the company is correct the "best possible speed" is about all the can guarentee. There is no QOS on the link so you are out of luck.

When ever signing up for internet service, if its ADSL or DSL find out where your CO is. You can call and ask the technical support team and they might let you know. You will find that they will sell you service even if you are at the far reaches giving you a connection but the slowest possible.

Cable is also affected but not as much, this really depends on how old the neighbour hood is, and how dense the population is.

The Speed tests that people are posting give you a rough idea, but too truley know you need to do them at different times of the day to get a good average.

Due to the crtc having no teeth and driving the company rather than the customer you will continue to get dinged.

Voip is not good on a low link it may work but too get a better reliabilty the just lower the frame packet.

best you can do is complain, send e-mails and like most of us wait for more competition

Edited by LeXXington

To all who responded; Thank You! Gerritt, you, as usual have gone way beyond the expected, Trust me I'll be emailing every one of them! Best thing is, I just got an email from them offering me $50.00 for everyone else I get to sign up for their service. Like that is going to happen after this LOL!

I just sent an email to all of the contacts that Gerritt so kindly provided, I'll let you know if I even get a response:

Here is a link to a site where I have posted some of my experiences with Xplornet and your lousy service. It has only been read by about 300 people so far but it is early yet!

Link to site http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32710

The fact that I have been lied to and promised things that never happened, been kept on hold for literally hours while trying to resolve the problems in good faith and then finally told "sorry, we won't be doing an upgrade in your area until next Feb. and the best we'll do for you is give you a 1 month credit" and "you should have read the fine print"; just isn't good enough!

Are you going to do something to resolve this issue or should I just continue on and file complaints with the BBB and everyone else that will listen?

Sincerely

Clifford Bignell

313 Snug Harbour Rd.

Lindsay ON K9V 4R6

705-328-0750

The actuality that I accept been aria to and promised things that never happened, been kept on authority for actually hours while aggravating to boldness the problems in acceptable acceptance and again assuredly told "sorry, we will not be accomplishing an advancement in your breadth until next Feb. and the best we'll do for you is accord you a 1 ages credit" and "you should accept apprehend the accomplished print"; just isn't acceptable enough!

The actuality that I accept been aria to and promised things that never happened, been kept on authority for actually hours while aggravating to boldness the problems in acceptable acceptance and again assuredly told "sorry, we will not be accomplishing an advancement in your breadth until next Feb. and the best we'll do for you is accord you a 1 ages credit" and "you should accept apprehend the accomplished print"; just isn't acceptable enough!

Uhmmmmm.... someone translate for me?

LOL, Me too please.

On a brighter note, I did have a phone call from Xplornet today refering to the email I had sent their management teamI wasn't home but they did leave a message and would like to discuss the situation with me and see what might be done to resolve it. I will be calling them back tomorrow and post the results at that time.

I also had a phone call from Cable Cable today they can offer me high speed wireless for roughly half of what I am paying now and they are willing to Guarantee that I will get at least 90% of the posted speeds with the exception of rare weather conditions or equipment malfunctions. How is it that a small local outfit can provide me with service that a big company like Xplornet can't? Guess I have some questions to ask tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted!

LOL, Me too please.

On a brighter note, I did have a phone call from Xplornet today refering to the email I had sent their management teamI wasn't home but they did leave a message and would like to discuss the situation with me and see what might be done to resolve it. I will be calling them back tomorrow and post the results at that time.

I also had a phone call from Cable Cable today they can offer me high speed wireless for roughly half of what I am paying now and they are willing to Guarantee that I will get at least 90% of the posted speeds with the exception of rare weather conditions or equipment malfunctions. How is it that a small local outfit can provide me with service that a big company like Xplornet can't? Guess I have some questions to ask tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted!

Simple.

The same way the small mom and pop hardware store can get you stuff that the stooge at Home Depot says is not available.

They care about their customers and put in the extra effort to keep them.