Stanley Cup

Stoty

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

the above statement is definitely accurate.

man did they crap the bed the other night.

a little to cocky after game 4 i suppose...

i dont' think talbot's comments about detroit looking tired and old was a great idea either...don't give the other team a REASON to prove you wrong...

should be a good game 6.

Alright...let's get the discussion started again...lol........

Speaking of Talbot.......lovely hack on Datsyuk's foot.

What a gutless, gutless move.

He just got back because of his foot, and you intentionally target it. Pathetic!

Like i said previously...the return of Draper and Pavel would make a huge difference...but man...5-0....expecting the Pittsburgh to show up not Wilkes Barre

The slash wasnt that bad...its being overblown...seen much worse....its the playoffs, not womens hockey.....The wings arent even make a deal out of it, just the media.

Edited by anders

If the Pens didn't take those stupid penalties, it would have been a different game. There is the prove of inexperience on the Pens behalf.... young team, Came off a BIG win, a little cocky and got off of their game plan all together.

It will be a very exciting game 6 I believe. The Pens will take it and it will go to game 7 ! Just like everyone wanted !

Also my tickets to game 7 should triple in value :thumbsup_anim:

The slash wasnt that bad...its being overblown...seen much worse....its the playoffs, not womens hockey.....The wings arent even make a deal out of it, just the media.

It wasnt a "bad" slash....it was however a GUTLESS one.

Lots of gutless things go on during a game that the viewer doesnt see, the camera just happened to catch that one...if it was reveresed, you probably wouldnt see it as gutless...just a feeble and weak attempt to gain the puck

if it was reveresed, you probably wouldnt see it as gutless...

Actually, I would. There's no room in hockey for cheap shots. IMO.

No need for that garbage. You dont see any Detroit guy doing that. But then again...they don't need to. :D

We Pens fans sure are quiet. That was a total embarassment. I'm just glad I was stuck at my daughters' softball game and didn't make myself sit through that game.

I didn't see Talbot's slash but the no call trip/slash at the end of game 4 on Crosby was gutless too. I can't remember who it was but it was gutless sour grapes when the game was over.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Stoty, your team is predominantly Euros...Are you seriously suggesting there isn't any "gutless" stick work going on from Detroit players?

If you think that, Don Cherry and I would likely disagree with you.

I didn't see Talbot's slash but the no call trip/slash at the end of game 4 on Crosby was gutless too. I can't remember who it was but it was gutless sour grapes when the game was over.

WOAH WOAH WOAH.... Crosbys act he put on over that "slash" to the back of the leg should of got an award... Hes lucky the Wings didn't score on that play.

He was CLEARLY trying to draw a penalty . Once the play was at the other end, all of a sudden hes all better.

Im not sayin the slash on Datsyuk deserved a penalty because I think I was already asleep for it so I didn't see it.

But you can't compare the play on Crosby to anything that "deserves" a penalty ! Its almost like in game 4 when Helm took a slash to the hand.... sitting on the bench with an icepack being attended to by the trainer... that clearly did some damage.... Crosby went to the bench and was out next shift, didn't skip a beat.

I consider it "gutless" when you lay on the ice for 10-20 seconds trying to act hurt... then when you relaize the play is at the other end and nothing is coming of it... skate off, wait... back on a minute later !

Edited by Lunker777

Let's face it, both teams' fans can rail on about the other teams dirty stuff with justification, and both teams have divers. Watch when a guy goes down. If the camera's on him you'll almost certainly see a sidelong glance to see if he's got the ref's attention.

After the series is over I'll ask my neighbour what he saw out there. he may or may not tell me. I saw him yesterday and almost called him over but since he's got one more game I figured he'd be cautious about what he said anyway. He's a linesman, btw.

JF

Actually, I would. There's no room in hockey for cheap shots. IMO.

No need for that garbage. You dont see any Detroit guy doing that. But then again...they don't need to. biggrin.gif

uh...ya right.

How bout all the goaltender interferance?

Those don't qualify right? :whistling:

Personaly I think its ALL part of Physical series.

A little less Body contact, and way more stick play then I would like to see in a traditional Playoff Game.

But non the less Its still just part of an emotional high stress playoff game.

well, guess the wings decided to let us win the cup off of home ice this year. would of been nice to win at home, but nope now we got to win in the dirty Detroit.

Thanks Wings.

.............? Are you saying "we" as in the pegnuins ? If so.... :stretcher:

Lunker,

You're talking about a different play. I know which one you're talking about where he laid on the ice for a bit. I'm talking about the one that occurred at the end of game 4 with about 2 minutes left. He didn't lay on the ice at all. He got right up but it was clearly a penalty. The one you're talking about was a penalty too but I think that was game 3. He just embellished it too much.

Paging mr stoty..

ya...??

Game 7 in Detroit.... I'm not the one who should be worried.

Pits didn't deserve to win that game, but hey..they got the lucky bounce this time.

Fleury made some key saves when needed.

Should be a good game 7.

Well this is going to be interesting,

If Pitty plays like tonight, and the Wings bring their game 5 face.....game 7 will be good.

But,

Am I the only one who thought Malkan looked like a chump tonight?

A ton of dipsy doodle plays on the blue line that truned over the puck when he should have been bringing or shooting it in deep?

And taking a stupid penalty to boot....geesh

Thank God Staal was on fire!

With Kennedy adding a point it was the Northern Boys of Ontario stealing the show and bringing it to Detroit!

ya...??

Game 7 in Detroit.... I'm not the one who should be worried.

Pits didn't deserve to win that game, but hey..they got the lucky bounce this time.

Fleury made some key saves when needed.

Should be a good game 7.

UHHHHHMMMMMMMM

pit outshot outchanced and for the most part outplayed det

and yes Fleury did make some key saves (in the the third especially)

but to say they got lucky

cmon man give pit the credit they deserve

I could care less who wins but i hope you are right about game 7

It should be a dandy

just hope it is a close game