Hail to the Gov Gen.

bushart

I for one commend her for doing everything that she did.

To bad others wouldn't have the balls to do it.

They have lived this way for a LONG time, I think it would have been an insult if she did not participate.

P3TA can kiss my :asshat:

gooooo GG. Good on her for showing how to be a good guest. I would have wimped out :)

American bashing is easy. cheap but easy and it goes both way's Whats the USA song.. Blame Canada. (but we are still all friends and we have better beer)

East coast fisheries were missmanged for too long on all sides. When it collapsed it cost tax payers lots of money that we are getting back now from Oil. Fair is fair

Seals are over popullated becuase we don't have the sharks, the killer whales, the human hunters we once did. if you got too controll them might as well eat them.

Killing seal pups was a public relation's nightmare. If the pup was ugly would there be the same out cry? White snow / red blood..

Darfur, Serbia, .... brown land red blood not so much.

Its a world we live in. If we could only solve the world issues by talking :)

Peace all

starting to see this more frequently on this forum.

The blanket statements about U.S. Americans is getting old

Getting old ??????. :dunno: It is older then you can imagine. Like a blanket statements about Canadians. Since I can remember, there was Canadian "needle" vs Amarican ass, and American "needle" vs Canadian ass. If the " needle" is not infected I do not see anything wrong with it. As a Canadian myself ( only for about 20 years ), very frequently visiting US :thumbsup_anim: , I can tell you that in 99.9% we are the same ( do not have time to elaborate about my experience ), so let's concentrate on on this "minority" (99.9%) :lol: . Honestly, I think that it will be very boring to agree on everything 100%. Saying that, this is my "canadian needle" (feel free to use yours ). :P .

Do you think that we are all door knobs ( by posting 4X the same thing), so we can understand? :dunno::w00t::devil:

starting to see this more frequently on this forum.

The blanket statements about U.S. Americans is getting old

It's no big deal from where I sit. Taking a shot at us or us taking a shot at them is mostly in good humor.....ehhh :)

There is a major difference north and south of the 49th

You American men can take up a survey with your fairer sex and You will learn that.....

Canadians make better Lovers.....Hey look at our national Symbol (On the nickel)

You can strive to do better---just tell me when and I'll call my broker and buy more Pfizer stock.

Bushart :huh:

The young are absolutely harvested. The white coats are not..but a young pup sheds its white coat at about 2 to 3 weeks of age...usually within 48 hours. So over the weekend a seal pup goes from off limits to legal. Seals are still clubbed with the hackapic. Shooting often damages the pelt. The adults escape too quickly. Check the harvest numbers from the DFO...while only 50,000 seals were harvested this year, the vast majority are always young of the year.

The cod demise was entirely of our making, however human induced imbalance in the hunter/prey population ALWAYS negatively affects the prey.

Why would the DFO refuse to allow neutral third party observation and recording of the harvest if it had nothing to hide? Why have hundreds of charges been laid against these guys for illegal killings?

I do not get any info from either the pro or anti side. They both have their own agenda. I have read the DFO reports and come to my own conclusions.

I am against my tax dollars subsidizing an unsustainable practice...one that nearly the entire world is opposed to, costs us millions of dollars and which generates less than 6,000 temporary jobs.

I'd much rather see my tax dollars be used to buy out the licenses and retrain and send these guys to school if they wish. It is no different than shark finning...an irresponsible waste of a natural resource. The harvest of any animal for only a minor portion of their carcass is not acceptable use in ANY resource plan.

This is not what the Innuit do. They use as much of the seal as possible...inluding the pelt, flesh, tendons, and even the bones. They understand the balance far better than we do.

I wonder what all of the steaks and hamburgers and pork chops think of statements like these. You do know how most of our for food animals are raised and killed right? If not maybe you should check it out. What about all those fish that are held out of the water for photos while they suffocate? Or the ones that are released back into the water to suffer a slow death perhaps while being picked apart by other predators...how cruel of us. Im sure you have never caught a young fish that was hooked too deep and died...you must be special.

By all accounts the seal population is in no danger, and making a distinction based upon the age of an animal is absolutely ridiculous, you think those year old pigs wanted/deserved to die any more than a few days old wild animal that hasn't been kept in a cage standing in its own feces and pumped full of chemicals for it's short life? Also, your views on the inuit are completely wrong, they did at one time use all of the animal, that is no longer the case, i've seen it first hand. It's quite clear you've been drinking the liberal urbanite koolaid for too long.

Frankly its saddening to see comments like these from a sportsman, what we do to fish is no different than what a hunter does to a deer or a sealer to a seal, you may choose to believe that it's different, but you're simply wrong. It's life and death, we are the apex predator, we use animals for all sorts of things and have for a very very long time, there is nothing wrong with that as long as it's sustainable. In most parts of this country people are still close enough to there environment to understand that, the endless suburb that is southern Ontario has unfortunately become disconnected leading to views like yours imo.

Finally I would suggest you look into the european fur industry, or veal, or even bull fighting! perhaps you will see that this is all politics and maybe you will switch your brand of kool aid.

Well I think we can all agree that Governor General Michaëlle Jean made a very good move. As for the rest of the stuff, some of you guys wouldn't happen to own a cottage near Fenelon Falls would you. This one has run it's course unfortunately. I say unfortunately because it's not often that most agree and speak favorably of a government official.