RIP... (NF)

Gerritt

Creep proof your kid and keep an eye on other people's kids.

Jim

Careful now, let me tell you a little story in Chilliwack BC.

My kids used to go to school just outside the Base called Watson. For some Reason there are a lot of Creeps in that area. Clifford Olsen being one and another guy I heard Personally as he was in the same Trade as me but I never personally met him.

We as parents used to get quit often Predator alerts in the mail from the school. Basically who to watch for.

Anyways one day I was picking up my kids and I noticed a van parked on the Road outside the school with a guy casing the place. He even went into the school yard and obviously was eyeballing all the kids around him. I thought nothing of it since there were many Parents and staff milling around. I guess this mother called the cops and the cops picked up the guy for questioning. Two hours later when he could prove who he was, RCMP released him as he was a Father looking for his Kid.

My Point is. Thanks to these predators, I always felt it uncomfortable to be affectionate with my Daughter in Public because of Paranoia.

TID BIT---- There was one time that I was heading up towards Chilliwack Lake and the Mountains with my four year old Daughter when I got stopped by an RCMP at a surprise Road side check Point. He asked how I was, Where I was going, and who is with me. Heres what impressed me about this smart Cop. Awesome Questioning techniques.

He looks at my daughter asks her

Whats your name?

So your going with your Dad to fish? Once he got her Talking

So where is your Mom?

How is your Mom?

Obviously the Cop was being mindful of a kidnapped child. So off I went with a Bag of Beer and one opened.

Careful now, let me tell you a little story in Chilliwack BC.

My kids used to go to school just outside the Base called Watson. For some Reason there are a lot of Creeps in that area. Clifford Olsen being one and another guy I heard Personally as he was in the same Trade as me but I never personally met him.

We as parents used to get quit often Predator alerts in the mail from the school. Basically who to watch for.

Anyways one day I was picking up my kids and I noticed a van parked on the Road outside the school with a guy casing the place. He even went into the school yard and obviously was eyeballing all the kids around him. I thought nothing of it since there were many Parents and staff milling around. I guess this mother called the cops and the cops picked up the guy for questioning. Two hours later when he could prove who he was, RCMP released him as he was a Father looking for his Kid.

My Point is. Thanks to these predators, I always felt it uncomfortable to be affectionate with my Daughter in Public because of Paranoia.

TID BIT---- There was one time that I was heading up towards Chilliwack Lake and the Mountains with my four year old Daughter when I got stopped by an RCMP at a surprise Road side check Point. He asked how I was, Where I was going, and who is with me. Heres what impressed me about this smart Cop. Awesome Questioning techniques.

He looks at my daughter asks her

Whats your name?

So your going with your Dad to fish? Once he got her Talking

So where is your Mom?

How is your Mom?

Obviously the Cop was being mindful of a kidnapped child. So off I went with a Bag of Beer and one opened.

Nothing wrong with that way better to err on the side of caution. To many times people think its the parent who was seen taking the child and therefore didnt stop them. If it was me I wouldnt mind the hassle of the questioning etc. It would make me feel safer that the village was raising our children.

I find stuff like this just gut wretching -- how could anyone do this to anyone, never mind an 8-year old child.

My thoughts and sympathies to everyone, because this really does hurt and touch everyone.

Looks like they have they have the people in custody that took little Tori..

And the couple are now before the court on murder charges..

Police are scouring an area in Guelph looking for the little girl...

I feel for the family right now...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ideoLineup/News

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/05...510591-sun.html

G.

10 minutes locked up in a cell with the father.

I would rip the hearts out of these two and make them watch as I drink their blood. Trust me, you never wanna lay a hand on my little girl. Ther is a fine line between man and beast.

Nothing wrong with that way better to err on the side of caution. To many times people think its the parent who was seen taking the child and therefore didnt stop them. If it was me I wouldnt mind the hassle of the questioning etc. It would make me feel safer that the village was raising our children.

I couldn't agree more. I have personally pulled over at least three times and asked people if that is their kid they just picked up. I mean actually pulled in front of a car that stopped to pick a kid up off the road. Once I followed a car to get the licence number, which I called in to the police to check out. It just looked dodgey, like the kid had to be talked into the vehicle. On that one the coppers even got back to me to tell me that all was good.

I'm am not self back-patting here (no doubt there are many reading this that may think I'm a pain in the ass) but I wanted to say that in every case the person I talked to thanked me for stopping. Every time.

In my school (high school) there is not an adult that comes close to the building without being approached by someone (can I help you, who are you here to see? etc.). And I know from going into other schools for various things that it is usually the same way. I often have to tell more than one person who I am and why I am there and am happy to do it.

As far as I am concerned there is no down side to being aware of your surroundings. Think of how differently things might have turned out in Woodstock if someone would have engaged Tori's abductor, if only to talk about the weather.

Jim