3 Bank onboard charger

Hey I just purchased a new 3 bank Nautilus Onboard charger and im a little unsure how to connect it to the batteries i have running in Parallel for my trolling motor. Do i connect one charging lead to each battery or just one charging lead to the both of them. The charger has a microprocessor so it monitors each battery individualy. Also as far as the settings on the charger go i was wondering what AGM stands for my batteries are deep cycle but not Gel . Just want to charge with the right settings thanks for your help in advance. BMM

if you can get your hands on a promariner or minn kota Charger that would be your best bet should be around the same price as your Nautilus one and only weighs about 11lbs. Bettery Quality and performance :)

Edited by Henry Nguyen

Optimas are AGM plus spiral cell technology. No water (maintenance), no leak, you can mount on side or even upside down. will not dislodge plates no matter how hard the pounding you put them through...(WAVE SMASHING)

Oh ya, each bank is separated to one battery. Wire each battery seaparatly to each bank on the charger. If you are running parellel, you have a 12 volt motor so your two trolling batteries will have a jumper wire junk to junk and neg to neg, the trolling motor can be hooked up to either battery like normal. The third charging bank leads extend down to your cranking battery.

RR

Optimas are AGM plus spiral cell technology. No water (maintenance), no leak, you can mount on side or even upside down. will not dislodge plates no matter how hard the pounding you put them through...(WAVE SMASHING)

Oh ya, each bank is separated to one battery. Wire each battery seaparatly to each bank on the charger. If you are running parellel, you have a 12 volt motor so your two trolling batteries will have a jumper wire junk to junk and neg to neg, the trolling motor can be hooked up to either battery like normal. The third charging bank leads extend down to your cranking battery.

RR

Silly filter!!!!! it should read positive to positive!!!! :lol:

I don't think I would want to wire my junk to a battery!!!!! :lol:

I guess when you want to use the short form for positive you need to do it this way P0S using the number zero for the letter o.

So it wont effect the charging at all or the batteries if they are hooked up in parellel (sp) and each wired to a seperate charging bank?

;) And you are the winner of the obvious that no one else noticed. If they are already wired in parallel, then you are going to have two sets of wires trying to charge 2 batteries that are not isolated. That's why opnions are sometimes...just that.

yeah...........if you are running parallel then you need to hook up charger to one battery, it will charge both

you didn't need the expense of a 3 bank...it's never good to hook up 2 charges to the same battery and in parallel that is what you are doing if you charge both batteries at the same time, each with it's own charger, unless you separate the batteries each time you charge them

if they are in series then you can hook up each battery