Stupid me !

tinbanger

First day out with the boat ( GBAY pike opener) and I maged to take about an 1" of my skeg coming out of Victoria harbour :angry:

Boat still handles the same .any risk in running it as is ?

Prop ( already slightly damaged) escaped further damage

TB

Hey Dave !!! Anyone ever tell you there's ROCKS in Georgian Bay??? :D

If the prop sticks down further than what you have left for a skeg... I'd be getting someone to weld a piece back on. Nope not riveted... the one place welding, and losing 30 to 40% strength of material, is allowed in my book ! lol

I knew you would have something to say :D

I knew there were rocks I just didn't know they were so hard!

Actually the section missing start about 1 1/2" up on the leading edge and tapers down towards the prop side .In fact the I don"t think amy material is missing from the side of the skeg next to the skeg.

Maybe just hit it with some black spray paint :)

Maybe it'll make me faster too LOL

TB

As long as it isnt bent. Only a flesh wound. :lol:

No Maps???? :dunno:

nah who needs maps <_<

It was just me not paying close attention and misreading marker bouys where two channels meet .Had slowed right down but not soon enough.

TB

Hey Dave !!! Anyone ever tell you there's ROCKS in Georgian Bay??? :D

If the prop sticks down further than what you have left for a skeg... I'd be getting someone to weld a piece back on. Nope not riveted... the one place welding, and losing 30 to 40% strength of material, is allowed in my book ! lol

A man of great experience above and below the waterline :worthy:

I personally would take it to a mechanic and have it checked. I once had a "minor" underwater collision and left it alone. The slight vibration from a bent propshaft eventually worked its way right up to the crankshaft and cost me a bomb to have fixed.

Buy a skeg protector attachment, ebay offers the best price.

If you fish shallows often, you will never regret putting a skeg protector. There are many models, some add some drag, you have to decide either sacrifce drag of your prop. My engine hits somethign at lest 3 times a year even if I am very careful, but the skeg protector has saved me from any damage to my skeg and prop