Pictures of OOS Fish

diggyj

In 2 different paragraphs , In the paragraph that talks about photograph says nothing about releasing immediatly. Compare apples to apples.

The point here is OOS fish should be released immediatly period.

Then they say if you catch fish and you want to take a picture do it quickly. Show me where it says if you catch an OOS fish you can take a picture then release it !!! Then I will agree.

If CO's can't make up there mind how are we supposed to. You think you're right and I think I am right.

Edited by wallyboss

when fishing trout we got a couple of trout and one 8lb splake...we were using spinners and unfortunately we caught some oos bass...as my buddy was unhooking the fish i would snap a pic on the fishes way back into the lake or vice versa...and we had a great shore lunch of splake

IMG00033_20090430_1633.jpg

IMG00034_20090430_1634.jpg

IMG00036_20090430_1634.jpg

IMG00036_20090430_1634.jpg

IMG00037_20090502_0833.jpg

IMG00038_20090502_0833.jpg

IMG00039_20090502_1052.jpg

IMG00041_20090502_1109.jpg

IMG00042_20090502_1109.jpg

IMG00043_20090502_1321.jpg

IMG00044_20090502_1321.jpg

IMG00045_20090502_1705.jpg

IMG00046_20090502_1706.jpg

IMG00047_20090502_1706.jpg

IMG00049_20090506_0719.jpg

IMG00050_20090506_1241.jpg

IMG00056_20090506_1349.jpg

IMG00057_20090506_1621.jpg

Depends entirely on the CO. There is more htan one rule in the regs that relies on subjective judgement. I suspect this is by design so that the CO can apply if/when the fisherman is taking advantage of rules and/or just needs an attitude adjustment.

For example - is it legal to fish for musky (with plans to release all catches) with a conservation license? Some COs will say its fine as long as you "immediately release"....some will say its illegal to target muskies without a full blown license.

Further, if its illegal to take a picture of an OOS fish, is it illegal to take a picture of a 47 inch musky in a region where the minimum size is 48 inches?

Lots of rules that could be applied if the CO thinks you need some attitude adjustment.

well it doesn't but in the release tips they use the term must be Immediately released, then in the next paragraph in the tips on release section it states to take a picture...are you saying Immediately mean one thing here and another thing if the fish is OOS

or are you saying that if you are releasing a fish you can't ever take a picture

you can't have it both way

either they stated "release the fish Immediately, but if you want to take a picture do it quickly"

or release the fish Immediately, but if you want to take a picture you must keep the fish because you did not release it Immediately

oh and as for the muskie thing, it's on there website, you can catch a muskie with a con lic. and it goes on to say see tips on releasing fish..

where it states if you want to take a picture do it quickly.....just because some COs are misinformed we can't all live in fear.....if it's on their website you have the law on your side

Edited by Terry

BPM this is taken form the OFC rules "We would prefer that you do not post pictures of fish caught out of season. " Seems like you enjoy rubbing people the wrong way. Possibly why you got booted from F-H. cause they have the same rule.

Terry it all comes down to you agree with it and I don't. You won't change your mind and I won't change mine!!!

Edited by wallyboss

I am not trying to change your mind

I am try to stop you from looking stupid because of ...illiteracy, all you have to do is read

I think he is in K'bec where they are not OOS, people read the worst into things

Edited by Terry

BPM this is taken form the OFC rules "We would prefer that you do not post pictures of fish caught out of season. " Seems like you enjoy rubbing people the wrong way. Possibly why you got booted from F-H. cause they have the same rule.

Terry it all comes down to you agree with it and I don't. You won't change your mind and I won't change mine!!!

well we can leave it at this....the ones who want can and the ones who dont want to take a pic wont.....but lets leave the policing to the mnr and police.....so stop whining!.....got myself kicked off fish hawk for telling wanna be mnr guy whiners like you to stick it.....if u dont like it dont look at it....and if u dont like me then dont pm me!..oh ya u cant anymore cuz i blocked you so u cant harrass me anymore...according to ppl like u we should not even fish a lake if it has oos fish in it...to make u happy when i go trout fishin i will hang a sign on the end of my hook say only in season fish bite this....geezz....stop whining and go fishing

Edited by bigpikemike

well we can leave it at this....the ones who want can and the ones who dont want to take a pic wont.....but lets leave the policing to the mnr and police.....so stop whining!.....got myself kicked off fish hawk for telling wanna be mnr guy whiners like you to stick it.....if u dont like it dont look at it....and if u dont like me then dont pm me!..oh ya u cant anymore cuz i blocked you so u cant harrass me anymore...according to ppl like u we should not even fish a lake if it has oos fish in it...to make u happy when i go trout fishin i will hang a sign on the end of my hook say only in season fish bite this....geezz....stop whining and go fishing

AHHHH...bigpikemike...nice to see you're up to your old tricks but on a different forum....found a new temporary home have ya??? :rolleyes:

Mods.....good luck with this guy :rolleyes::D

Are y'all young'un still goin' on aboot this??? :rolleyes:

Isn't the internet a lot like TV or the radio?... if you see/hear something you don't like, turn the channel/page or turn it off!!! <_<

I've seen the 2 pics in question here, the one in the boat is perfectly acceptable in my opinion!!!... I sure that fish was released in a very timely manner! :thumbsup_anim:

The one in the boathouse, maybe not so acceptable... but I'm sure both fish swam away happy to be alive, not that much worse off for wear and tear, and to make make many more baby fishes!!! :P

The fishermen were proud of their catches and just wanted to share!

If you're not too lazy or ignorant to read the entire regs... you'll see that it isn't illegal to take a pic of an OOS fish!

Edited by GCD

AHHHH...bigpikemike...nice to see you're up to your old tricks but on a different forum....found a new temporary home have ya??? :rolleyes:

Mods.....good luck with this guy :rolleyes::D

ahhhh another whiner that i have blocked....again if u dont like it dont look at it....and if u dont like me....then geeez dont pm me

"I am try to stop you from looking stupid because of... illiteracy, all you have to do is read."

quote from Terry :D

Speaking of illiteracy Terry, your signature should read "THAN" not THEN all the lakes in Manitoba.

Feel free to fix that immediately.

Edited by jediangler

I am not trying to change your mind

I am try to stop you from looking stupid because of ...illiteracy, all you have to do is read

I think he is in K'bec where they are not OOS, people read the worst into things

Talk about looking stupid and illiteracy!!!! this is what was written in the post. "we were using spinners and unfortunately we caught some oos bass" So if he says oos bass I take it that he meant oos bass.

wallyboss take ur negativity and ur bickering back to fish hawk where it belongs as u can see there is more pros then cons to this topic here...not like fish hawk where the freek out and start crying to the mods and say there are using this post as evidence to the mnr to have u charged......do u even fish? never see u post any pics just negetivity

Guest gbfisher
Maybe you outta get over yourself?! :lol:

Still bent out of shape are ya?........ :)

Edited by gbfisher

terry bass are out of season in quebec too.....in where i am anyway....i was fishin ontario when i caught them with one of those expensive out of province liscenses...lol.....and wallyboss wont stop terry....leave him to me i really know how to get under his skin and i live near him so he has to fish the same waters as me.....i mkae them even more mad cuz i will always out fish them...hahahahah

lol, BPM didn't bug me. Guess there's at least one happy OFC member.

*Please Advise* This thread will be closed in the near future as people are constantly flaming each other, as the last OOS thread was closed. It's not necessary to continuously say that fish need to be put back "Immediately" over 20 times is it. Some people don't understand the consequences to fish leaving the nest and others do. All we can do is advise anglers and tell them to limit the time out of water both for unhooking the fish and for a photograph when necessary . The only problem i have is when people are taking pictures of every singe OOS fish they catch big or small. Obviously bigger fish have the bigger nests, but why bother taking pictures of smaller bass like BPM did.

Not much else to say as everybody else did but come on people, settle down and be cautious when fishing. If you catch a OOS fish, move on and be smart.

Mike

Guest gbfisher
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But it also doesn't mean that you can pull over, get out of your car , get your buddy to take your picture then see what the police officer wants???

Immediatly means just that. As soon you can. If they meant as soon as you can after taking a picture and weighing it they would've said so. It is against the law You get over it!!!!!

Now everyone is weighing them....lol

Okay...everyone take a time out...

Remember that the summary of the regulations you get are NOT THE LAW. The law does not say you must immediately release a fish..it just says you cannot possess said fish.

It goes the same for out of slot fish...you may not possess the fish, but THE LAW does not say you must do it immediately...same deal with a musky on a conservation license.

The LAW is written in two parts, one Federal, one Provincial with Provincial being the lions share.

Now go read the LAWS not the readers digest version. Even the summary this year gives an unofficial okay to take a pic in its release directions.