Soo Steel

TDunn

This report actually will start from last thursday evening. I took a ride up highway 17 along the Lake Superiour shoreline to check out the river levels and brought my rod along to make a few casts. Water looked great and I hiked up a trail to a set of falls just off the side of the highway.

Second cast and I hooked into a beauty female. I was flying solo so I took a few pics while releasing the fish.

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

As I was taking the photos these two meatheads showed up and immediatley started casting my pool after seeing me with the fish. They hooked two while I was releasing the hen but did not land them and completely spooked the hole which is really only big enough for one or maybe two guys...So I left feeling a bit annoyed and returned early the next morning with a bud for an hour and to my surprise never hit any fish at the falls. But.....I did land a small male in a tight run below the falls on a pink worm. Kept this fish because the hook was very deep......

004.jpg

003-Copy.jpg

028.jpg

030.jpg

Saturday I hit up my honey hole with my two cousins. It was a fantastic day and we actually found another new spot to fish......Basically untouched....We landed 3 fish, 2 of which were females and were not spawned out yet.

Releaed all fish.....

Oh, I hope you like the underwater footage. We hope to get more soon for you guys....This was the first time we got to use the camera.

bow3.jpg

bow1.jpg

tt4.jpg

bow.jpg

Underwater Video of Release

009.jpg

And the pictures of the 3rd fish of the day is on my cousins camera so I do not have a pic of it....yet..

Also have video of its release....I may post it if he sends it to me soon....

Enjoy!

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

AWESOME STUFF.

IS IT JUST ME IS WAS THAT ONE FISH SPITTING EGGS OUT???LOL

Ya man it was, good eye!!!!! We actually removed some from the fish....Not all from her but enough for a few bags for future use.....She was released in perfect condition.....

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

As i mentioned before I might post the pic of the 3rd steelhead from sat.....Well my cousin sent me over the pics today...

Here she is....

untitled.jpg

untitled1.jpg

Woke up to a frigid -1 this morning and got out with my uncle for a few passes in the river for whatever would hit......

Pine St boat launch was closed so we had to launch in Garden River at Bens Baits and ran the river up from there.

The fishing wasnt hot but we managed a few bites....

My first Atlantic of the year......Small guy.....

77-Copy.jpg

Few pics of the river.....

44.jpg

67.jpg

And then ended the morning with this tiny coho that was super chrome....

99.jpg

All fished released....

TDunn

Edited by TDunn

Amazing report! Stunning scenery and fish.

I don't have a car and I'm not sure if I can fit my float rod in the bus...How long will it take me to walk there from Toronto? Road trip anyone? :lol: