Camp Jiggy Jiggy Report

TJQ

Haven't had much useful to report up here whilst we wait for the snow to finally depart, but Thursday, me and a buddy (Tookie) hightailed it up to camp to see what the winter had done to it and get started on a new screened in porch for the front of the main camp.

There was still some snow on most of the road in.. Almost got stuck a couple of times.

postimg_0075.jpg

A few new washouts on the way in, but these will flatten oust and make it more passable anyway

postimg_0076.jpg

Got to camp to find the water higher than ever. it was at least 7 feet higher than normal summer levels. Im thankful the dock didn't flat away... the boats chained down, thanks goodness, lesson learned - haul that boat WAY up next year!

postimg_0079.jpg

postimg_0077.jpg

Went out to Kirkland Lake to get the lumber needed and bumped into this fatty!! See you in the fall! Lots of bush chickens around, hopefully we'll have a good crop this summer.

postimg_0089.jpg

Got the lumber and got loaded (LOL).. 4 loads at 1 hour round trip apiece.

postimg_0092.jpg

Cleaned off the debris on the porch and started framing.. I'm not much of a carpenter, but it wound up being really solid.

postimg_0102.jpg

Natures cooler!

postimg_0105.jpg

postimg_0106.jpg

postimg_0107.jpg

Then the weather got crappy... and stayed that way.

postimg_0108.jpg

postimg_0112.jpg

postimg_0113.jpg

postimg_0114.jpg

postimg_0117.jpg

Any way were 75% done... going in next to finish the roof, paint it and install the door and panels... but I should have it done before the bugs.. then I can go fishing!! Ill have to edit out the steeple though...

Very nice....I always look forward to your reports from Jiggy Jiggy. Quite the compound you have going there TJ. Lots of hard work

Hope you and the family get lots of time to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Cheers

Craig

Yesterday I couldn't spell carpenter... now I are one!!! ;)

Where's Monique and the kids???... Monique would make a darn good supervisor and the kids should be laborers!!!

... and what aboot the fish???... I didn't see one damn fish in the reeport!!!... where's the food???... did y'all live off of beer??? (liquid diet?)

You can do much better on the Jiggy Jiggy reports!!!.. I give this one a "C-"!!! :angry:

... always remember!.. Monique holding fish = A+!!!

;)