No animals were harmed in this report

misfish

I was like Bill last night,could get a good sleep tassing and turning in the antisapation of the turkey opener this morning.Up at 3:30,grab a cup of java and off I was.I was surprised how loud the bush was this morning with all types of birds singing and chirping.I got myself all set in the same area I shot my first bird last year.Siting there waiting as daylight was just breaking,I get a glimps of movement on the trees edge.Two deer coming out for thier moring breakfast.Qualities not the best,but you can see them.

About ten minuted later.
Up close and personal.
Once they ran away I got into some seriuos clucking and yelping.Not a gobble to be heard.Then all of a sudden ,theres this cluck,right beside me.Made me jump.LOLTook a short vid of the hen.Guess she was looking for her friend from my clucks and yelps. :rolleyes:
20090426_08.jpgAfter a couple of hours I went for a walk to the corn field edge.Just a loney hen walking around.Sat for a half hour to see if she was going to get some company,but nada.So back to my blind. Get set again and start up the calls.I hear a faint gobble.Wasnt sure if it was,so gave a loud yelp.Yep,it was a gobble.This went on for about 15 minutes.Closer and closer the gobbling came.I was getting pretty excited.The bird was just out from me,but could not see it.The last gobble came from behind me,and that was the end.No more. Oh well,thats the challange of this sport.Was an awesome morning.Up close and personal with some wildlife.On the way home,took this pic.Three trumpiter swans. Beuatiful birds.20090426_10.jpgThanks for reading. Edited by misfish

Cool videos Brian :thumbsup_anim:

You think the deers spooked the birds??

It just a matter of time.... good luck :thumbsup_anim:

Jacques

Not a chance Jacques.

The deer were very cool this morning.The wind was in my favor,thats why that deer couldnt figure out what was happening.LOL

Thanks

Yes Wayne,I,ll be up in the AM.

Turkey bacon and eggs over easy please.See ya around 5am. ;):D

Yah.. well be QUIET !. Tom's still doing their dance in the mornings over by the windsock. Remember... no holes in da airplanes...

Edited by irishfield

Got into my blind at 4:45, all was quiet until about 7:00 then I had a hen come out, I saw another bird behind her at the edge of the bush but it went back in. Couldn't tell what it was. the hen stuck around for about 20 minutes or so and got to within about 15 yards of me. She started to wander away so I tried calling, next thing I know there is a shot about 100 yards away from me, one of the other guys shot a nice jake, it was heading in my direction but happened to go past him. That was the end of my morning and excitement, I had to be to work by 8:00.Oh well, there will be more days to hunt.