Punta Cana (a tiny bit of fishing...) Picture Heavy

Gerritt

Got back Friday evening and just found the time to be able to put this together for everyone... I will start by saying that we did get out fishing... but it did not last too long.. but we did manage a few..

We flew out of Toronto with Air Transat on an Airbus 310 in the emergency row :thumbsup_anim: heck club class has nothing on the leg room these seats afford :) I would have to say though that the flight was one of the more interesting I have experianced.

First of all there was quite a bit of turbulence... secondly just as we were making our decent there was a medical emergency on board.. seems this young guy thought mixing Gravol, Sleeping pills and Alcohol would be a great combination! What a dolt.. he passed out vital signs absent.. the flight director came over the loud speaker asking if there was a medical doctor onboard.... unfortunately there was not one.. but a quick thinking attendant had him going again... but still out cold!

Needless to say the landing was rushed and more then bumpy with one of the hardest landings I have ever experianced! ambulances were waiting on the ground for this individual while we waited and waited...

Finally we are off the plane and walking on the tarmac..

DSCF0184.jpg

and after we get through customs we are loaded onto our bus and we are off.... or so we thought! after 30 minutes of start and stop, air conditioning on and off, forward and back we are finally off to our resort... until the bus finally had enough on the side of the highway! Now I dont know how many of you have been on the roads in the DR but there are virtually no traffic laws.. and if there are laws they are certainly not followed!

While we were waiting for another bus to get us to our resort we had the pleasure of meeting the DR militia.. who slowed down and stopped their van brandishing M16's....

DSCF0003-3.jpg

DSCF0004-3.jpg

We arrive at our resort, Punta Cana Princess a more beautiful resort I have yet to see... if you are looking for a relaxing adults only resort this is the place for you! It is a smaller resort only 200 rooms and if you are looking for night life you have all inclusive access to thier other resorts located next door

DSCF0014-1.jpg

Before arrival I sent the hotel an email, asking them for building 5 (closest to the beach) on the 3rd floor...

and we arrived to this... the last room in building 5... and the best view of the ocean

DSCF0013-2.jpg

DSCF0011-2.jpg

And this was the view from our room..

DSCF0018-1.jpg

DSCF0009-2.jpg

DSCF0006-3.jpg

The pool

DSCF0022-1.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

Some of the wildlife I encountered..

DSCF0030-2.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0034-2.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

Now this little fellow looks friendly... a Portuguese Man of War http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Man_o%27_War

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

Some Assorted shots...

DSCF0050-1.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF0103.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg

DSCF0132.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

Well I have hundreds of photos... and I wont bore you any more with them and will get onto the fishing part of my report...

We left for Mike's Deep Sea fishing adventures early Sunday morning.. we both took out motion sickness pills and were off...

Now before I continue I planed on taking most of the photo on our way in... but here are are few...

We were on this ships larger brother..

DSCF0037-1.jpg

and this was our captain! if I remember correctly his name was Manuel

DSCF0038-1.jpg

and here is Manuel's first Mate

DSCF0040-1.jpg

DSCF0041-1.jpg

Now... when we left the docks everything was GREAT! a nice boat all to ourselves and a top notch crew! then motion sickness took hold of my girlfriend in a bad way! we got our lines set and within 5 minutes fish on! a decent sized Mahi Mahi... and here is when the fun started... I started to fight the fish,

DSCF0042-1.jpg

while my girlfriend was chumming the waters over the side of the boat! I have the first mate screaming wheel wheel! all the while I am more concerned with my GF... she continued to chum the boat the water and the gunnels...

I decided I have put her through enough and wanted to get her back on shore..

All in all I was and hour and thirty minutes in to a 4 hour charter... and I called it quits as this was supposed to be for us... and not me

I caught 3 Mahi Mahi... and could not torture my girlfriend further... ;)

These guys were top notch in my opinion and will use their services again should I visit the DR in the future.

Seeing as how I have hundreds of photos... and cannot pick which ones to post I will close with this one...

DSCF0145.jpg

I had a blast in the DR and hope to return soon!

G.

Super shots Gerritt. Looks like a gorgeous resort.

Too bad about the fishing getting cut short, but you are to be commended for thinking of your GF at a time like that :clapping:

Thanks for sharing your trip.

Joey :clapping:

great report gerrit.

glad that you both had a good time.

where's a fish picture?

and no you cant use it for the OFC tournament--lol

wheres the 30,000 pictures you took of the girls on the beach ????

come on now gerrit we know ya did............. ;);)

the wife and i went to puerto plata and i filled both sd cards :lol:

Great report and pics G! You experience out on the big water is very similar to mine... except the folks chumming the water in my situation were a young Bristish couple who spent the entire charter, chumming the water, while my wife and I drank beer!

Looks like a beautiful place, hope the food was good, looked like the bar was good! LOL

HH

Looks like a great trip Gerritt, nice looking resort. Always interesting when there are few curves and bumps along the way. Did you hear how the guy made out who taken away by ambulance? Feel sorry for the people he was with. Not a great start to their vacation.

nice report , where are the fish pictures !!!

Last year the same thing happend when i was in mexico.... GF got sick after about 2 hours and we went back in ... caught 5-6 tuna and one kingfish.....

In 2 weeks time ill be in cuba and hopefully return with a nice Tarpon report!

Hey Nice Report...

but one you may have failed to notice...

My Little lass did the same thing, she chummed for me as i fished.......man did i catch a ton of fish with her chumming. Just think how many you might have caught?

There's nothing like watching the Rod bounce and saying to the chummer......babe's you have a fish....What was that?... you want me to get that for you?...(long pause) are you sure?

LOL Still killing myself laughing over that one!!!!!