Tacklebox...

Governator

So I'm new to fishing, just started last summer but since have spent a crap load of money for a so called "cheap hobby" and wondering what I should add to it now that I'm super addicted lol.

I have to replace spinnerbaits as I threw them out. I'm an idiot and didn't clean them off before storing away, so they went orange and rusted on me.

This is what it looks like now, anything you think I should add? This is just for fishing for pike, bass, etc... I also picked up a new 7' MH Fast Action Bass Pro Rod and an Abu Garcia Reel (Just the 100 series).

tacklebox.jpg

allboxes.jpg

I would add some senkos or senko type baits.

Yea I don't really have those, I have some of the Gulp & Power Baits in the top drawer but that's about it.

I don't see any 'walk the dog' type topwater baits. Bass and pike love those...

2 or 3 Zara spooks in different sizes would be a good addition me thinks.

Yea I just picked up a hula popper to try topwater, little more basic for me. Can walking the dog be done with a spinning reel? I haven't advanced myself to the baitcaster yet hehe.

Yea I just picked up a hula popper to try topwater, little more basic for me. Can walking the dog be done with a spinning reel? I haven't advanced myself to the baitcaster yet hehe.

Nothing gets easier then walking the dog :) Spinning outfit is fine...

You really can't do it wrong, the more you screw it up the better it looks, lol

What are you fishing for?

Pike & Bass, I've yet to try Walleye Fishing but don't know what I need for that.

Nothing gets easier then walking the dog :) Spinning outfit is fine...

You really can't do it wrong, the more you screw it up the better it looks, lol

lol!! That's a good call indeed.

Edited by Governator

you definitly do not have enough xraps! they hammer pike, bass and walleye! get different sizes and colours, also the xshad raps are definitly a must have in a tackle box. also you have like zero flashy spoons for pike lucky strike half wave and super flash are a must and a few williams are needed in there to.

Well, here is what I have in the basement right now for bass, walleye, pike, musky and panfish. I have more in the car, in the garage and more at the cottage. :D

WOW... that is incredible! Hopefully one day I'll have that collection. Mind if you I did, my wife would probably threaten to kill me.

I forgot my favorite bait. The Heddon prop (looks like the spook with a prop) and the Rapala skitter prop (frog colour) Nothing special to these baits, just rip 3-4 time on the surface, and pause for 10 seconds. Then repeat. Basically like the Hula popper.

Great selection GBW.

Wheres all the spoons people??? LOL

You have to have a few of these in your box to troll with... geeezzzz...

3 inch lucky strike superflash.. I have caught litterally all species.. pickeral, pike, muskie, perch and trout on it... its my confidence lure. (as much as I have confidence that is)

superflash_62_l.jpg

I don't see any 'walk the dog' type topwater baits. Bass and pike love those...

2 or 3 Zara spooks in different sizes would be a good addition me thinks.

That is what i was thinking 'walk the dog' bass topwaters. Storm chugbugs are good and cheap for a popper, Jitterbugs are effective as well. Get a trailer hook for your spinnerbaits and add a pork strip to the back and your rockin'.

Now I think you need some more soft plastics dude, like dingers, solid coloured tubes. Maybe a few more cranks and x-raps also would do the trick. Now I don't have nearly as much as GBW has(Too Much) but what I have here get's me by. Also I suggest getting a tackle bag with the trays unlike I did, the box i have now is getting pretty heavy and a pain to carry around especially since i shore fish.

Here are some pictures:

Tackle Box-

ScreenHunter_01Apr221637.jpg

Hooks Weight's ect..

ScreenHunter_05Apr061826.jpg

Inside (Soft Plastics)

ScreenHunter_02Apr221637.jpg

2nd part to soft plastics

ScreenHunter_03Apr221637.jpg

Spinnerbaits/Buzzbaits

ScreenHunter_04Apr221637.jpg

Spoons/Bucktail

ScreenHunter_05Apr221638.jpg

Drawer #1 Cranks/topwater

ScreenHunter_11Apr061827.jpg

Drawer #2 Jerkbaits/heavy cover baits

ScreenHunter_10Apr061827.jpg

Drawer #3 Soft Plastic Swimbaits (New to me)

ScreenHunter_09Apr221638.jpg

Packaged Baits

ScreenHunter_10Apr221639.jpg

This is basically all I got + 2 container's of gulp alive and much more than I need to have a great time fishing with. Also thing's like plyers, hook sharpeners, reel oil, fishing ropes, and other various tools are important to get.

Best of luck and with a little more tackle you should be fine, now just use what u got and buy what works for you not what looks pretty...

its a nice start you going there you do need more topwater, senko's, jigs and x-raps are key

heres mine

crank baits

Picture033.jpg

top waters

Picture034.jpg

randoms

Picture035.jpg

tubes, bass jigs and jig heads

Picture036.jpg

a few of my bass spinners

Picture037.jpg

some gulp, yum and other soft

Picture038.jpg

and one of my 2 worm binders all senkos can never have to many

Picture039.jpg

just buy stuff as you go and you should be set and watch out for deals like buy 1 get 1 frees are always good :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Pure

Nice collection!!! I love how everyone is so organized. Perhaps it's because we've had a long winter to keep things organized, but usually my boxes are a mess lol. Would like to fix that this year.

Here are my (limited) plastics... I do have some nicer plyers lol but got this ancient old deep hook remover from my uncle (Probably time to update lol). I like the idea of a hook sharpener, is that something that would sharpen trebles as well?

plastics.jpg

And my boxes more up close. I think I might have to get more x-raps and more topwater which I haven't really played with. Right now bucktails are my favourite to throw too bad they are a bit pricey. I do fish a lot of shallow water as well.

box1gvn.jpg

box2r.jpg

box3o.jpg

box4x.jpg

Edited by Governator

jointed-rapala(float)

regular wide-gap hook for the senko type plastics,(more of a natural drop) HP hooks from Eagle Claw are pretty good.

I really like the YUM senkos, cheaper and catch just as many fish. Gulp tend to dry up if you dont store properly, plus the stickiness. But the scent is irresistable to fish.

Try darker colour tubes with gold or purple sparkles to them. Imitation of crayfish or gobies. Your red tube jig will do, or rig texas with widegap and cone weight. Coffee tube from Strike King, Mizmo tubes.

Edited by young_one

its a nice start you going there you do need more topwater, senko's, jigs and x-raps are key

heres mine

a few of my bass spinners

Picture037.jpg

That is awesome... Hey I got a question: What's the purpose of spinnerbaits having an open eye? If it's open, do you always have to tie to it in order to keep it from sliding? I find a snap swivel is useless with them unless they are a closed eye. I don't get the point of having it open but practically every single spinnerbait at basspro is open eyed.