New Years resolutions (NF)

Mike the Pike

New Years Resolutions  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What action have you taken?

• Have you stuck to your Resolution
    • Have you given up?Maybe next year!

Hey folks I was just wondering how many of you have made new committments for the New Year lose weight quit smoking fish more etc.......

Since January 2nd I decided to lose my salesman gut so I had to change my ways and this has been tough.I am not eating much good junk food .I have lost 13lbs so far and it took alot of dicipline to get there.I bring a healthy lunch with me mostly rabbit food but its working.I cut the fat and calories.4 times a week I use my treadmill 30 minutes a day.

January 2nd 2007 I weighed 194lbs.

Today I weigh 181lbs.

Although I miss all the goodies I feel much better and I am less tired at the end of the day.

Like to hear from you Gals and Guys.

I miss chips,Beer and most of all dipping cookies in Milk.

Mike :dunno:

Edited by Mike the Pike

Mike, like you I made the loose weight resolution. Now with type 2 diabetes riding my back I have no choice. After two weeks blood sugar is normal and I’m down a few pounds. Working on the treadmill 20-30 minutes most days helps. Oddly I feel better than I have in years. Due to the med’s I have to limit the beer and wine. In researching this disease I found that there are a lot of things that can be eaten, in Moderation. I can’t chow down half a pizza and a six pack, but I can have a piece or two and a light beer.

So this is a resolution that has morphed into a lifestyle change, but consider the alternates……………

I'm sticking to them now, I had two different flus and caring for a house of sick people all Jan.

I don't even want to think about the other flu heading up here. It has gotten as far as Sudbury.

Paint more, enter shows, I still have to get the nerve up to enter the Worldwide Nature Artists Group.. I hate being rejected.

I have already found more ways to donate artwork for charities and wildlife conservation.

I'm working on the rest.

Pam