Opener??Brook trout or Steel???

Rustic-Fisher

It's definitely been a while since my last brookie, but I couldn't get out for steelhead as much as I hoped, and since they're migrating back to the lakes, I may have to give them a go. Or maybe I'll stay more local and tie into a few browns... Or try to anyway. But my fishing will be cut short to watch the NFL draft in the afternoon.

I also release all brookies I catch, and any river caught trout for that matter, and it's nice to hear others also take the conservation minded approach with these fish. :clapping:

Have a good weekend fellas

Edited by timmeh

:Gonefishing: Brookies for sure.Been eyeing them up all week .Planning to catch a few saturday morning then letting them go.Fun to catch. Steve

Hey Steve I'll be out and about Sat morning to maybe I'll see you around, pretty sure we haunt the same areas.

Cam

Friend of the family owns two miles of prime water on a GBay trib that also holds a good resident population of brookies, does that count as a two'fer?.........I know, life is rough.

All my fish will be released also, hopefully I luck out and hit a decent stream!

I'm not a big fan of eating freshwater fish, I love fresh tuna and will even eat a salad if it has grilled mackerel on it........but I can't resist keeping a few freshwater shrimp fed GBay trout. AND it's fiddlehead season.......mmmmmm planked trout with fiddlehead risotto, I mean c'mon who can't resist that.

Friend of the family owns two miles of prime water on a GBay trib that also holds a good resident population of brookies, does that count as a two'fer?.........I know, life is rough.

I'm not a big fan of eating freshwater fish, I love fresh tuna and will even eat a salad if it has grilled mackerel on it........but I can't resist keeping a few freshwater shrimp fed GBay trout. AND it's fiddlehead season.......mmmmmm planked trout with fiddlehead risotto, I mean c'mon who can't resist that.

Yep Yep Yep..fiddleheads, morels and walleye, with some fried taters..all over a fire...can't wait,

im going to try something new this year for opener....since i expect hundreds of outta towners to be splashing in the river in my backyard ...im simply going to video the opener for all its worth ...guys fallin in the water ...fights etc....i say im going to do this every year ...but leaving the rod at home is sooooooo hard to do ...so i guess we will see what happens...

Fiddleheads ....heavy butter lightly salted .oh now i have a craving ....thanks alot...lol..

im going to try something new this year for opener....since i expect hundreds of outta towners to be splashing in the river in my backyard ...im simply going to video the opener for all its worth ...guys fallin in the water ...fights etc....i say im going to do this every year ...but leaving the rod at home is sooooooo hard to do ...so i guess we will see what happens...

Fiddleheads ....heavy butter lightly salted .oh now i have a craving ....thanks alot...lol..

I can't wait for this video LOL :lol: :lol:

I'll be trying the headwaters for brookies to beat the crowds. Gonna have an eye open for morels in the nearby woods.

Yep Yep Yep..fiddleheads,morels and walleye, with some fried taters..all over a fire...can't wait,