? for guys who Have Bought a new Yamaha O/B

GeorgeJ

I recently bought a new Yamaha O/B probably a month ago and haven't received any paper work from Yamaha yet. I'm not sure I am suppose to so if anyone here can let me know if they did receive anything from Yamaha after a O/B purchase I'd appreciate it. I'm hoping for at least a dealer satisfaction survey and maybe a warranty card or something. I don't trust that the dealer sent any paper work to Yamaha.

Dealer should have sent all your warrantee info in. A month may be high hopes for something from the factory though. Forget how long it took my Merc stuff to arrive.. showing the kicker motor warrantee starting when the boat was delivered to the dealer in Feb and my Verado the day it hit the water May 15th.. since corrected to both May 15th.

ok thanks guys wouldn't be worried except for the lack of confidence I now have in this dealer. When I went to pick up the motor which I had bought a few weeks earlier on the phone the original typed bill of sale had the original serial numbers crossed out and some others in it's place, they said they accidentally gave my motor to someone else. This motor has a big scratch on it so what I think what happened was the guy that got my motor refused this one because of the scratch or for some other reason, needless to say that the delivery was some what spoiled at this point. I anxiously waiting for the dealer satisfaction survey to come if there is one... :dunno:

Don't worry George I'm am sure you will get this but not as fast as you like.

I picked up my new Yammy last weekend I received the owners manual and a warrany guide .

My dealer went out of his way to show me everything about my new motor excellent service I must say.

So did you get that thing on the water yet?

:Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Don't worry George I'm am sure you will get this but not as fast as you like.

I picked up my new Yammy last weekend I received the owners manual and a warrany guide .

My dealer went out of his way to show me everything about my new motor excellent service I must say.

So did you get that thing on the water yet?

:Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Glad you found a good dealer for your purchase, I haven't had a chance to get in the water yet but I'm getting close to having the boat ready probably in may. Nothing but the great lakes around me here, so I would need a nice stable day to use it here but will be going north with it next month.

I don't take delivery of my new Yamaha for another 12 days, 2 hours & 13 minutes...but who's counting ??... :whistling: but I'm assuming I'll get all my paper work then.

Just curious though George, what did the dealer say when you picked up your motor and found the scratch on it ??

Is he gonna get you a different motor or fix the one he gave you ??

When I bought my Honda the day I went to pick it up they told me that the mechanic had a small accident with the cover and had scratched it. They told me it would buff right out etc. etc. I told them to get me a new cover or to keep their boat and motor. They replaced the cover but weren't too happy about me standing up for myself. My full top and cover also looked used and I brought them back and had them replaced too. It seemed to me like the dealer had some substandard stuff and were trying to pawn it off on their customers. I often wonder if the next guy got all that crap stuff on his new boat. The dealers would eventually find some sucker to take the crap off their hands.

I remember retuning a battery tester to Walmart once after I found out it had a pinhole leak in the rubber ball. I went to Walmart for something else the following day and that defective battery tester was right back on the shelf with the blister packaging all taped up. Unbelievable..........

If they aren't going to fix the scratch it should at least cost them something.

A nice Yamaha jacket or a spare prop would be in order.

You know darn well that when you go to trade it, they will say...well, it has this scratch here.....

Edited by Dara

George dont be afraid to mention the dealers name ,so the rest of us atleast are aware of who to avoid or atleast be cautious of

The dealer is Maple City in Chatham but I'm not sure I would condemn them on what hopefully is a isolated indecent, they have been there a long time for what that's worth.

lew asked what they were going to do about the scratch, the salesman's response was it was something that probably would have happened the first time I put it in the water, I doubt I would scratch it where it is not to mention I am a bit anal about things I work hard to buy. The scratch is on the main body so not easily replaced like as if it was on the hood. Hopefully it runs as well as a Yamaha should and lasts for a long time.

If they aren't going to fix the scratch it should at least cost them something.

A nice Yamaha jacket or a spare prop would be in order.

You know darn well that when you go to trade it, they will say...well, it has this scratch here.....

I wouldn't have accepted it in the first place. :angry:

I wouldn't have accepted it in the first place. :angry:

Me either, but salesmen have a way of talking you into crap.

I have a 12 year old 15 yamie with no scratches on it. It has been carried through the bush, ridden miles laying in the back of my truck...If a salesman told me I was gonna scratch it the first time I put it in the water...well...lets just say my salesman knows better than to say that to me.

George, if it gets to bothering you, just go tell the guy that you have thought about the scratch and that you don't want it...I'm sure he will make things right

Edited by Dara

If we take it in as a trade in we will have take a $1000 just for starters........... :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

All the junk you listen too, but, I'm not against trading, for 2 reasons.

One, you may not get quite as much, but you save the tax so that evens things out a bit.

Two, you never have somebody coming back at you saying..hey, this broke the first time I used it.

sorry for the topic tangent :whistling: