Boat Opinions

Dara

I an getting myself a new boat.

Just wondering what you guys in the know have to say.

One consideration is a Princecraft 16' with a merc 50 4 stroke.

http://www.princecraft.com/Content/en-US/p...day-DLX-SC.aspx

The other is a Sylvan with either a 50 or 60 Yamaha 4 stroke (this is the less expensive one)

http://www.sylvanmarine.com/showroom/ShowM...amp;seriesid=56

Im wondering about hull strength. I think the Sylvan is stronger.

The princecraft has more floor space.

Just looking for opinions, thoughts, ideas.

Whatever I get will be a side console and a 4 stroke,

Don't know anything about Sylvans but I've got a few friends with PrinceCrafts and they seem like excellent boats and any I've fished out of have been top notch.

I bought a new 90 Merc 4 stroke back in 2001 and only got rid of it last week but it was an absolutely perfect motor without even a hiccup in all those years and not a single problem of any kind so if you decide on the Merc I'd hope you'd be as happy with it as I was with my 90.

I just purchased a new 150 Yammy 4 stroke but it hasn't even seen a lake yet so I can't offer an opinion on them, but ask me in 6 months and I'll let you know what I think :D

I looked at those two exact boats. I leaned heavier to the Sylvan just because of the space. Ultimately I ended up with a Lund Explorer as it had what I wanted more.

Both are decent boats. Go with the one that you want to fish and play out of. Get as much power as you can. You will be able to use less gas becasue the motor will not be pushing as hard. Plus you will always want more.

Just wondering, out of all the 16' boats out there how did you get down to those two?

Jim

Its kinda whats available here.

The Starcrafts are way too much money.

The same dealer as the Sylvan has Lund, but really no stock and getting something in would be pricey.

I heard Lund had a sweet deal at the spring show of a rebel with a 50 for 12k. Still looking for one of them.

I looked at those two exact boats. I leaned heavier to the Sylvan just because of the space. Ultimately I ended up with a Lund Explorer as it had what I wanted more.

Both are decent boats. Go with the one that you want to fish and play out of. Get as much power as you can. You will be able to use less gas becasue the motor will not be pushing as hard. Plus you will always want more.

I'm topping out my budget here and I think the Sylvan is going to be most affordable. The Sylvan looks smaller to me, but its still covered in shrinkwrap so its hard to tell.

The dealer will take my ATV as a trade in for a good price and that saves me the taxes too.

The Princecraft guy doesn't want to and way too many people are out of work here for me to get a good price for it.

Still gotta go look at a smokercraft Monday from a dealer that is getting out of toys and sticking to construction equipment.

Edited by Dara

Find a boat with a rear casting deck.

The Sylvan has a bit of a rear deck. Its actually the picture you have to click on under the find a dealer tag.

The Sylvan is going to end up about 2k cheaper that the Princecraft too

Edited by Dara