Trouble with fishing line

Healthnut

:huh: I just can't seem to find a fishing line that I like. I'm presently using P-line flouroclear, but I'm not crazy about it. I'm just looking for a good line that has very good knot strength, and won't break easily. Any possible suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

There really isnt one perfect line. Different lines have different charicterists and are better suited for doing different things. All I can really suggest is Triline smooth casting, fireline crystal, spiderwire fabric braids, Triline abrasion resistant. Those are really the top selling lines out there. Then theres a ton of lines by smaller companies. Keep trying things till you get one you like.

Ive always found its usually not the knot strength, its the knot your using. If your line keeps breaking, upsize.

I have been using powerpro for the last 3 season, and love it. I use 20 lbs for general use - it is thick enough not to bury itself, and had great breeaking strength. I then use an triple surgeons to connect it to 8-12 lb flurocarbon (another 6-8 ft). It rarely if ever breaks at the knot. I find this gives the sensitivity of braid, with the stealth of fluro. It works for me!

What weight is the P-Line?

What type of fishing are you doing with it?

Are you using Spinning or Casting reels?

What Knot or Knots are you using?

What exactly are the problems you are haveing with the Floro-Clear P-Line?

Edited by garry2rs

personaly i use thread from the sewing baskit,

if you dont catch anything its just as good---lol

i only use non stretch line like spider fusion but since they dont make that anymore i switched to power pro.

non stretch line is super sensitive and you feel everything with it.

when trolling you can see the rod tip bouncing with the motion of the lure,

if a weed gets on the lure the rod stops bouncing, and a quick jerk of the rod will get the weed off.