First time to Dunville

Fang

Well after seeing what a great fishery was only an hour away I decided to take a trip down to Dunville and see what the shore fishery was all about. After spenindg sevral hours this week hitting different web site and distilling down all the info I felt prepared to tangle wioth a few cats.

Malcolm, my son and I pulled into Fishmaster's place about 8am and got what appeared to be a primo spot right close to the marina opening. I went down with my 9ft steelhead spinning rods, 14lb test main line and a selection of 1-3 oz weights, 4/0 circle hooks.

We fished all day trying worms, frozen sardines and finally cut bait sucker from Fishmaster and managed 1 fish, a small 4 lber but I took away a world of learning.

most all of the shoreline in front of Fishamaters is sand/gravel - 14lb is way too much line

most important thing when fishing form shore is to get the longest cast possible. 2 groups hit fish all day and they out distanced all shoreline anglers on the cast.

When I head back down I will be rigged with my 10.5", 10 lb braid and 3/4 oz egg sinkers. I know I can chuck those way farther than the rig I had today. Oh yeah the 2 groups that hit fish used strictly sucker meat. The fish I got also came on sucker meat.

DSCF9055.jpg

May post pictures tomorrow of how Saturday lunch went. Good seeing ya Goran. Sorry didn't recognize you when you first went by in the boat. Not used to seeing 2 guys that big in 1 boat.

Fang so that was you over there myself and Curt where at the other end in the white trailblazer. We had a fire going as well.

It was a nice day and we did see the guys your talking about land lots of cats.

Will try to head out again this sunday.

Dont worry Fang happened to me too.

Went there last year and casted to sides all morning long, few locals stoped by and started casting straight out as far as they can and started hitting fish after fish.

But thats how you learn