Sens Smoke the Habs

Actually we are getting ready to watch our team in the playoffs

Oh boy...

Don't jinx yourself yet!

They are only 3 points ahead of the Rangers & Panthers who are tied for that last spot.

The Hab have to face the Rangers, Boston, and Pittsburgh for their last 3 games....no easy run.

I could see them looseing all three...

Rangers are Do or die...lot of motivation, and way more depth in their line up

Boston will simply kill them

and Pittsburgh...well,they might beat them, they might not?

Florida has 2 tough games yet...Philly, and Washington, but they got an easy game in there vs Atlanta as well

Rangers Next 3...Philly, then the Habs, and then Philly again(weird?)

Don't count your chickens before they hatch!

Oooooh I love the close finish :P

If they make it, they won't win a game against anyone without these two "D" men.

I totally agree...

And the key word is "if" they make it.

I give em a 50/50 shot which is actually pretty horrible considering they have a 3 point Lead LOL!.

They actually don't deserve to go IMO.

After the Slide they had this year, the only reason they will make it it because of the Start they had out of the blocks....

They just kinda coasted for the rest of the season, and now their struggling.

I like to see Canadian teams in the Playoffs but this year I'd rather see the panthers in there.

As a kitchener Boy I'd like to see Pete take his team there in his first season....he's one heck of a coach, and he's shown it this year.

First year inthe big league and shaping his band of misfits into a well balanced team.

Thats his trade mark...

As a good coach he builds depth, and develops a "team System"...never has he put his eggs into one basket, and relied on one line.

Its a start, and their not deep enough to win it all but it would really showcase his abilitys, and who knows...

Somtimes these dark horse teams that ramp up in the end can make for some pretty exciting hockey!

The leafs of '93 come to mind under Patty Burns ex Hab coach...how ironic :lol:

Actually we are getting ready to watch our team in the playoffs. Sens fans on the other hand are still trying to console themselves after they were eliminated from playoff contention 20 games into the season! :clapping::clapping:

unlike the habs, the sens just didnt wanna make the playoffs they havnt had a chance at an early tee time since 95' unlike the habs!

i wouldnt be suprised if auld and price have tee times booked together!

I totally agree...

And the key word is "if" they make it.

I give em a 50/50 shot which is actually pretty horrible considering they have a 3 point Lead LOL!.

They actually don't deserve to go IMO.

After the Slide they had this year, the only reason they will make it it because of the Start they had out of the blocks....

They just kinda coasted for the rest of the season, and now their struggling.

I like to see Canadian teams in the Playoffs but this year I'd rather see the panthers in there.

As a kitchener Boy I'd like to see Pete take his team there in his first season....he's one heck of a coach, and he's shown it this year.

First year inthe big league and shaping his band of misfits into a well balanced team.

Thats his trade mark...

As a good coach he builds depth, and develops a "team System"...never has he put his eggs into one basket, and relied on one line.

Its a start, and their not deep enough to win it all but it would really showcase his abilitys, and who knows...

Somtimes these dark horse teams that ramp up in the end can make for some pretty exciting hockey!

The leafs of '93 come to mind under Patty Burns ex Hab coach...how ironic :lol:

the year carolina went to the end and lost, they didnt have enough points to even be in the playoffs but led the divison, nobody saw them losing in the finals.. can you say IRBE? hahah he played well

Edited by BassAsin

Now first off, I'm a Sens fan and I know, they aren't going to make the playoffs but in some respect I would rather have my team play well and compete towards the end of the season even if they aren't going to make it. It builds for next season and things are going in the right track which is nice to see for once. The habs on the other hand look like a mirror image of the sens last season, complete collapse in the second half of the season and complete turmoil. No saying what is going to happen in the playoffs but Montreal will have to do a complete 180 if they want to compete.

On a side note, it looks like Schnider is going to NY to get a second opinion on his shoulder. You know it's bad when that happens. They are in trouble without him and Makrov though. Looks like Grabovski got the last laugh after all. Call him a cheapshot artist if you want but Koivu is just as bad.

What a crappy year for Canadian hockey. Not only are the LEAFS going to miss the post season(GIVEN), but so are the SENS and the OILERS. Has to be disappointing when lowly teams like Nashville(maybe) and Colombus are making it considering they don't even sell out their games.

Dirk..

Nobody would buy them 8 years ago when money was everywhere, I wonder about now?

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/...ortsHockey/home

Report: Investors have 48 hours to bid for Habs

Article Comments (1) Canadian Press

April 7, 2009 at 6:55 PM EDT

MONTREAL — The Montreal Canadiens and the Bell Centre are up for sale and 10 potential buyers have signed confidentiality agreements with the Bank of Montreal to get a look at the franchise's books, CBC-TV reported Tuesday.

The potential buyers identified by the public broadcaster include the province's pension-fund manager, the Caisse de depot et placement; Guy Laliberte, owner of Cirque du soleil; and Les Productions Feeling, which is run by Rene Angelil, husband and manager of pop superstar Celine Dion.

Others include the Claridge investment house; media giant Quebecor; Joey Saputo, owner of the Montreal Impact soccer team; Roustan Capital; the Molson family; Spectrum Equity; and the Aldo Group.

Potential buyers have been given until 5 p.m. on Thursday to make a bid, the network reported.

Former Montreal Canadiens general manager Serge Savard has also said he and a group of partners are prepared to buy the National Hockey League franchise if it is put up for sale.

Canadiens majority shareholder George Gillett is currently seeking advice from financial firms in Canada and elsewhere about how he might maximize his holdings, which also include parts of English soccer giant Liverpool, the Richard Petty Motorsports NASCAR team, and event promoter Gillett Entertainment Group.

for this habs fan i was at work thinkin they have an easy win on the way to the playoffs, likely finish in 8th and would take the bruins to the 6th game and losing in a proud manner for this fan,

instead got home to watch sportscenter with a 3-2 loss to the sens and finding out 2 top d-men were out for the remainder of the season (one of which is the top point getter on the team) hopes dashed...............

maybe just maybe by some luck they'll still make it to the post season and score at least a few goals against the bruins in a quick ending series, cant wait!!!!!

GO HABS GO

i dont think anybody with the money to by such a hockey team would have to worry, they'd be laughin to the bank all the way, i'll believ gillette intends to sell when he says so, "seeking financial advice" is only common sense to a money man like George Gillett and is probably done every year by all these money men, the media needs stories and turns into a possible sale,

GO HABS GO

Wow. A bunch of Sens and Leafs fans talking about how someone else might miss the playoffs :rolleyes:

Sens had 23 shots on net to Montreal's 22. Habs were without their top two D-men and were winning until Heatley's 2 goals in under a minute in the 3rd.

Yup. They sure "smoked" them! :lol:

If Florida loses any one of these final 3 games, Montreal needs 1 point and they are in.

Trying to. I don't get RDS and the stream I'm on keeps copping out. Not pretty hockey - Price just ain't there.

D'Agostini just ripped one off the crossbar with 8mins to go, but looks like a loss. On the upside Philly's winning 2-1 late in the 3rd.

Edited by Northhunter