Walleye Spawning!

Was up to =edit= and saw the fish are in. Looks like they are just starting to spawn, but should be good tomorrow night and over the next week. The walleye are huge and your so close. Awsome thing to see....best at night though with a light to look at all the eyes.

WH

I am very curious...

You have only ever made two posts here, last year about the same time to announce another walleye spawn.

I do not think it is much of a stretch to imply you are encouraging people to go at night in search of these fish..but to what avail?

I am editting out the location since you seem to be encouraging the misuse of resources. I may be wrong, but I'd rather not take the chance.

I am very curious...

You have only ever made two posts here, last year about the same time to announce another walleye spawn.

I do not think it is much of a stretch to imply you are encouraging people to go at night in search of these fish..but to what avail?

I am editting out the location since you seem to be encouraging the misuse of resources. I may be wrong, but I'd rather not take the chance.

thank-you!

Not trying to cause any problems, but just know how much my buddies and I like to see the spawning happening and thought others might like to know about it also??? Sorry you see this as a bad thing?? As for the other posts - Not sure why Simcoe doesn't have a better population either. Lots of fish spawn, but yet we don't seem to catch many. The ones you do catch are all spawners also, so we let them go. Maybe too much development on the lake and too over fished. Hopefully the new lake simcoe act will produce some results.

Not trying to cause any problems, but just know how much my buddies and I like to see the spawning happening and thought others might like to know about it also??? Sorry you see this as a bad thing?? As for the other posts - Not sure why Simcoe doesn't have a better population either. Lots of fish spawn, but yet we don't seem to catch many. The ones you do catch are all spawners also, so we let them go. Maybe too much development on the lake and too over fished. Hopefully the new lake simcoe act will produce some results.

It won't get better if you put out info on the internet that helps poachers, either. It is not a well known place, so you should quietly enjoy the show.

A friendly suggestion for next time, instead of posting the location publicly, you could always invite people to PM you if they want the location to see the spawn.

I've never seen the spawn myself and I'm curious (but not enough to travel).

Mike

many users had to mention the location ( now editted) I appreciate an admin who is trying to protect our natural resourses and We dont need poachers into a spawn when it is clearly out of season . People who go against Admins action should be atleast warned ..I think it was very childish .whoever. posted the location ..I know now where it is ...how many others!

Edited by fishinFanatic69

Yea you figure within a 24hr period of this topic being posted and by the time i'm done typing this post 350 ppl have viewed it. This forum is awesome for resources witch attract poachers in general the two go hand and hand. Location's should be kept quite and to themselves. :ph34r:

Edited by Henry Nguyen

Give the guy a break. Why would he be TRYING to attract poachers.

If you've never seen it, it is quite amazing. I think he was doing us a favour by offering up the location. Maybe he hadn't thought of poachers....but give the guy a break.

On my lake there is a committee of guys who take turns dropping by at night to ensure there are no idiots poaching. Not sure if other lakes do it, but it is a good idea (and it works)....

Guest gbfisher
So that`s been the problem all these years... I have been targeting Walleye...I will have to change my handle to lookinforpickeral. LOL

Might help.....lots of variables.

Keep at it..... :D

Its fully within the admins rights to sensor anything he wants. But i do not think spring opener is a poacher nor is tryin to help poachers. as poachers are greedy and would never share there spots in fear of people "stealing " "there" fish. And not everybody automaticly assumes every one is a idiot poacher so i beleive it was an honest mistake. Any way i have never seen walleye spawning im sure it is pretty cool. i'd rather be fishin though so i'll wait till the season opens.

It won't get better if you put out info on the internet that helps poachers, either. It is not a well known place, so you should quietly enjoy the show.

Actually, in the guy's defense, the late John Power used to write an article every year at this time announcing the spawn.. he even stated the exact location to go watch it! Ontario Out of Doors also did the same... some people will poach no matter what.. not much we can do except lay down the law if caught.. and that spot is pretty populated; not exactly wilderness so it'd be risky for a potential poacher...

I also enjoy watching spawning runs, be it salmon, trout or walleye...

thanks for sharing the info..

Edited by swordfish

Guest skeeter99
how come so few are caught? never understood why there isn't a good simcoe walleye fishery

lots are caught in fact but it is kept very quiet, people do target them regularly now

for the most part of the year on simcoe they are roamers in schools in 50 plus feet of water on the east side you use the quinte stuff on downriggers (dr death), then in fall/winter jjust before the spawn they set up on deep humps on the east side, try jiggin a champ spoon were the perch are and you will get them on humps in winter