Does anyone deserve this much? Nf

Bernie

A headline I seen today. To me this is just wrong. :huh:

Ontario Power Generation President James Hankinson pulled in $2,475,500 in salary and Hydro One President Laura Formusa made $924,437 in 2008.

Ya! For that kind of money you'd think they had invented the stuff?

no, they most certainly are not.

But lets not blame the people cashing the checks, if you could negotiate a 2.5 million dollar deal successfully wouldnt you go for it too?

Its not the guy cashing it, its the guy signing it thats the doofus

I wouldn't mind it so much if I thought that almost half of that money would be taken in taxes, (like mine) and that the other half would be spent on living expenses. (like mine). But I don't think that's the case.

A headline I seen today. To me this is just wrong. :huh:

Ontario Power Generation President James Hankinson pulled in $2,475,500 in salary and Hydro One President Laura Formusa made $924,437 in 2008.

They don't deserve that kind of coin, but teachers do.

Anybody at that level.. or over 100 grand for that matter loses 48% direct to the government. There aren't any magic loop holes to hide it in, unfortunately.... unless they have a deal that they are being paid dividends vs salary or that the company is covering the taxes.

Ya I would hate making half that. But that isn't really nothing Buffalo Bills Lineman Jason Peters wants 11 mil a year and the Bills only wanna pay him 8.75 Mil. The guy is way over rated and hasn't proved nothing so far in his career. I think we should start with the athletes then these Business Exec and Politicians. Isn't right these ppl make this money when our Military, Firemen, Doctors, Paramedics, Teachers and Cops make all right money, but nowhere near these greedy sots. But I don't know nothing maybe these GM janitors are really worth more to society more then our Troops fighting in Afghan and Iraq, seems that way when you look at there pay!

That isn't even a lot of money when you look at executive pay. My opinion is that people get paid what they're worth. They worked to get into that position and deserve the reward. If making that sort of money is important to you, then put in the work and take the risk. The reason a lot of these guys aren't ashamed of their giant salaries is because they know what they did to get it. Big student loans, big risks and a lot of hard work.

I just don't see why anyone would want that kind of money. I'd just retire and spend my days on the water!

A lot of those guys make what they make because they are there. I think that a lot of media and sports personalities are going to see big drops in their incomes since their salaries are derived from advertising revenues. As soon as someone figures out that in the states the average worker makes so little that they can't sell them anything no matter how much they spend on advertising the bottom going to drop out of that.

I watched a news show back in the eighties and the guy they intervewed said he graduated with his MBA and was hired by a big Wall St. firm. He did not know jack, his words. He would answer the phone and buy or sell based on what he was told to do. In three years he made a million bucks. He quit and took his money because he did not believe that kind of Bull could keep going on. He said he still did not know jack. I guess he regreted quitting as it went on for 20 years. I think the head of Hydro here is a very responsible position. I suspect that compared to what they pay someone in that position in the states they probably make 1/10th or less.

I think the head of Hydro here is a very responsible position. I suspect that compared to what they pay someone in that position in the states they probably make 1/10th or less.

Uhhhhh, it's a political appointee job, based more on favours done for whichever group of swivel servants are in power at the time. In the states an equivalent would be Ambassador to Luxembourg, where they make max USD$168k.

Their utilities companies are private, and actually have to turn a profit to justify their position.

They don't deserve that kind of coin, but teachers do.

Am I the only one that remembers my high school teachers? 29 out of 30 of them were over paid at $30k/yr.

teachers.jpg

So whos paying them. You and me, but do we have a say ontheir Salaries? I wonder how much the Big Oil executives/speculaters are making and Liberal Dan Mcteague( Speculater in sheeps clothing) on the side. I figure hes being paid by the Oil companies to soften the Blow to us. He predicicts gas going up due to Merger, and the Crooks upped it 6 cents less than 24 hours later. Thanks Dan you Idiot, how about doing something for us, the consumer.