Does anyone deserve this much? Nf

Bernie

So his salary went up ten times in a year, coincidently so did gas prices because the companies needed it to keep up. You have an awesome Uncle, Can you ask him if he could lend me some money to pay for my gas when I do my Reserve thing in Saskatoon at least once a week. Interest free of course.

Someone mentioned the Hydro debt repayment. Well thats exactly what I thought about when word of the bailout to the big threestarted rolling down the pipes. Get ready for another debt repayment, even though it was our tax dollars trying to hold it together. And why would they allow it to go down? Just like taxes, once they are implemented, the governing body(ies) that follow know that it would be foolish to recind such a cash cow.

As far as people making a buck goes, public sector moneys and earnings should most definately be capped off. It is a public sector job after all. If you want a job that pays really big money, you should have to go out and compete for it. If you want the security of a public sector job, I think that going in, you should be made aware of the ceiling for your earnings. Private sector gigs are different. Competition is fierce and the most qualified candidates should be paid as such. Big money CEOs for the most part deserve what they get IMO.

So his salary went up ten times in a year, coincidently so did gas prices because the companies needed it to keep up. You have an awesome Uncle, Can you ask him if he could lend me some money to pay for my gas when I do my Reserve thing in Saskatoon at least once a week. Interest free of course.

lol. I will ask him but I am giving you no guarantees. He made less this year than last year.

He is a good guy despite his inflated salary. lol

Big money CEOs for the most part deserve what they get IMO.

Not always true. redacted has reduced the work week for all staff by 10% to 33 h, 45 min, pay reduced accordingly, from 37.5 h. This will save redacted about $45 M. Now we get a day off every two weeks without pay, but apparently somehow all the deadlines will still be met.

CEO redacted took out $55M last year in compensation, so he could have claimed only a $10M comp last year, everything would be square, and I wouldn't have this acid stomach.

At least there is work, I suppose.

Don't believe anything said by SNAG, I'm just saying.

Edited by douG

Here is a reply from a VERY trusted source:

Not always true. Honeywell has reduced the work week for all engineering staff by 10% to 33 h, 45 min, pay reduced accordingly, from 37.5 h. This will save Honeywell about $45 M. Now we get a day off every two weeks without pay, but apparently somehow all the deadlines will still be met.

CEO Dave Honeywell took out $55M last year in compensation, so he could have claimed only a $10M comp last year, everything would be square, and I wouldn't have this acid stomach.

At least there is work, I suppose.

Thanks for the heads up, snag.

Somebody mentioned that all of us would accept huge salaries/bonuses if we were offered them. That is true, but not entirely relevent in this case. Who do you think it is that decides on the compensation of top execs? Top execs do. Those guys are giving THEMSELVES those bonuses, and we all pay for it as end consumers. That's a problem.

Another thing that people tend cling to is this notion that "top talent" such as these CEOs and executives are in incredibly short supply, and must be paid hansomely if you want to attract and retain them. I think that's nonsence. Anybody who's worked for a living knows that going around with an attitude that you are somehow irreplaceable is nothing short of a delusion. Everyone is replaceable. There's nothing super-human about those guys. Sure, some of them are really smart and worked hard to get where they are. But we all know that in the real world, a lot of people get where they are because they're friends with the right people, or have done an effective job of snowing (with Bull and butt-kissing) the right people. We've all had at least a couple of bosses that fit this description. Am I right?

If these people were actually doing a good job, I might feel differently; however, look at the state of things right now. There's no way they deserve it.

Edited by Fishnwire