Who DOESN'T eat fish ?

Lunker777

So I guess I'm not the only one ! hahah I get it from people all the time .... " you don't eat fish... but you fish ??? " they say it as though the world is going to come to an end hahah I just tell them I sport fish, I don't fish to eat !

If I go out with friends that keep fish, As long as we are fishing for perch or pickerel .... Ill keep a couple for them. But I NEVER will keep a bass, muskie, pike... etc. I put those ones back to gain a few inches or pounds for the coming years :D;)

Edited by Lunker777

Guest gbfisher
You can't be serious Marc! Are you saying you lied when you told Dano and I how great those childhood feeds of Muskie were???? :o:D

How could ya resist them nice, white, sweet, flakey meat chunks...... :)

I never was a big fish eater of any kind, and I too had a bad experience with gagging on fish bones.

Hanging with my B-in-Laws though has got me hooked on eating perch and walleye. What I am not good at yet is cleaning them (only due to lack of practise). I am watching them closely when they clean and when I get some confidence will take knife in hand.

First Walleye trip is at the end of May and I can't wait :thumbsup_anim:

Jim

It's funny cause I really enjoy eating fish, specially a shore lunch, but I just don't have the heart to kill anything, so I seldom have any. I don't mind going out and doing all the catching, and as long as someone else does the killing I can totally pig out on fresh caught & fried pickeral.

hmmmm, now that were on the subject, how many days left before Tombstone Rock in June ?? ;)

I'm with Blaque, once a year when we have our boy's weekend musky trip, we fry up a few crappie, perch and bluegill for lunch.

WOW them must be some HUGE crappie and pan fish if there biting when your musky fishing I guess you dont need to keep may for the pan then.

I am also one who does not eat fish and I love it when everyone has there own style of fish that I will love. I think its the texture more then the taste I do give it a fair try each time and yes in most cases the batter is great but I just cant bring myself to get past the texture of the fish.

One thing when your out on fishing trips you dont have to fight over the fire for cooking a steak when the fish fry is on.

Those that don't eat fishe just leave more for those of us that do!!! :P

I learned when I was an itty bitty young'un to chew my fish carefully before I swallowed it to check for bones! If you know a fishes anatomy, you can eat whole cooked fish without fear of bones!

I freeze my fish in the "Vac-Loc storage system, keeps them fresk with no freezer burn for up to a year.

I freeze my fish in the "Vac-Loc storage system, keeps them fresk with no freezer burn for up to a year.

I think the longest my fillets have been in the freezer might be 6 months. They go into a big wicked pot of Gramma's "Fish head soup" if they're that old.

Can't stand the texture of fish. However, the batter from Jeff's fish & chips magically appears on my fork when he's not looking. I swear I have no idea how it gets there. :whistling:

Yeah and for whatever reason it is only when we are out for dinner and not what I have caught and kept :rolleyes:

She does eat calamari and scallops :lol:

I usually keep some nice eater sized walleye and crappie. Mnnnnn.