Post work steel show!

kemper

Dave and I got out this evening...well I should say Dave did as I was out all day missing fish.

I went something stupid like 0 for 5 or 6 early in the day and had to get back out and get my revenge so I met Dave at a river and drifted away.

Dave promptly hooked into this BEAST, and after I pretty much took a swim while making a poor attempt at netting her we got her on the bank.

med_gallery_256_231_79120.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_186644.jpg

Sweet fish bud.

I followed by slamming the hooks into a nice steelie...then snapping it off. I.D.I.O.T 0 for 7 on the day. :stretcher:

But it was okay, because I was up again and landed this spunky hen

med_gallery_256_231_226783.jpg

med_gallery_256_231_132795.jpg

Chome dude.

Dave was up to bat after that

med_gallery_256_231_76416.jpg

then finally, a little guy smacked one of my jigs 2 feet from shore in 2 feet of water...

med_gallery_256_231_32655.jpg

All in all Id say it was a pretty productive 2.5 hours, I went 2 for 3 and Dave went 2 for 2 and this evening made up for my dismal performance this morning.

Good fishin`

no fish were harmed in the making of this report

12LBS , 32" later I can know say the KINGPIN is officially broken in ..... Thank God you were there man, cause I had no shot at landing that pig, if I was fishing solo in that pool..... My shoulder is sore and its only Friday morning :glare: ..... Great way to start the weekend.

I owe you one for scoping out the waters yesterday... I would of been washing bags in the chocolate if you hadn't given me the heads up.

Stop posting messages when you guys catch nice fish!

All my fishing buddies are leaving me behind and are heading to those spots now!

I counted 17 cars parked when I showed up at 5pm last night :rolleyes:...5pm on a thursday night !!!! .... It got pounded all day from morning till night from what Brady and a few others had said .... Were not fudging backgrounds because this is clearly no secret. The river should be totally see through by tomorrow morning, which will make for extremely spooked fishing. I doubt I will even try it over the weekend.

Guest chopchop

Great catch and photos guys. There have been 15+ cars there now for nearly two weeks straight. That creek is just starting to come into it's own with natural reproduction so it's good to see fish getting released. I have been fishing that creek since there were only suckers, then carp, then pike and it now has a decent run of bows. The bows were always there, but in small numbers going back 25 years so every fish is important. For those who need roe, if at all possible, pull that from one of the bigger flows to the east to west as this little creek's fishery could get depleted quickly, especially with the pressure it has seen this month.

Good luck all, it has been a great March weatherwise for steelhead here in the GTA.

That’s why next fall all be up north. The only way your fishing in peace and quite if you bush whack till your lost. Its to be expected when these rivers are so close to the gta and so easily accessed by everyone. now that these rivers are the way they are (over fished) the only thing us anglers can do is respect each other and respect the fishery. catch and release is a must and when ever a fish is kept consume it or find someone to. Clubs like mea and craa ( metro east anglers, credit river angling association) are putting in countless hours trying to bring the fishery back to what it use to be. Its disgusting when you see 3 guys with 6 fat hens dragged behind them then tossed in the bush. I carry on me a direct number to a co officer that patrols the east tribs and don’t hesitate to call him when I see stuff that shouldn't be done. Hopefully we can put together a fund raiser of some sort and raise some money for these clubs. Also don’t forget to put your time in at fish lifts and stream rehabs. our 20 000 springs runs are long gone now were lucky to get 2000-5000 and the way things are going in a few years we will all be fishing for chubs and steelhead will be fish of the past. I am 17 years old and want to fish steel till I am blind from the chrome, its up to me and the other young fishermen out there to help to assure there’s fish to be caught when were old and grey. That’s my rant for the day.

That’s why next fall all be up north. The only way your fishing in peace and quite if you bush whack till your lost. Its to be expected when these rivers are so close to the gta and so easily accessed by everyone. now that these rivers are the way they are (over fished) the only thing us anglers can do is respect each other and respect the fishery. catch and release is a must and when ever a fish is kept consume it or find someone to. Clubs like mea and craa ( metro east anglers, credit river angling association) are putting in countless hours trying to bring the fishery back to what it use to be. Its disgusting when you see 3 guys with 6 fat hens dragged behind them then tossed in the bush. I carry on me a direct number to a co officer that patrols the east tribs and don’t hesitate to call him when I see stuff that shouldn't be done. Hopefully we can put together a fund raiser of some sort and raise some money for these clubs. Also don’t forget to put your time in at fish lifts and stream rehabs. our 20 000 springs runs are long gone now were lucky to get 2000-5000 and the way things are going in a few years we will all be fishing for chubs and steelhead will be fish of the past. I am 17 years old and want to fish steel till I am blind from the chrome, its up to me and the other young fishermen out there to help to assure there’s fish to be caught when were old and grey. That’s my rant for the day.

Why isn't ur :asshat: on da riva :glare:

Like it or not, the internet is defintely shaping this fishery. How, in 1989 could anyone (even living in the area) have known a) about the river or B) that there are fish there or c) that there are fish there now? Maybe a local yokel from there would call you and let you know, or maybe you happened to be driving by on your way to somewhere else & decided to take a look... Nowadays, you can google the spot, and you can google earth it. You can hop on a forum and check out not only pics of fish caught there, but the exact location the fish were caught, what the water was like etc.. bare hours after the fishermen were there. Whereas yesterday people might have known about that trib, today they know for a fact that it's brimming with chrome. There's a fine balance between reporting where and reporting when. For example, can you tell me where this was taken (last Saturday)?

PICT0194.jpg

The best part about this post is that it shows that you - and a lot of other younger fishermen - are excited about the sport and the fishery, and you want to help take care of it. Silvio is on 100% when he says that we have to respect eachother. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are doing the fish and the fishermen a bigger favour by being discreet in your pics (i.e. avoid showing backgrounds) than by showing it so clearly. IMO it's just plain respect, for everyone involved, to employ discretion.

Awesome fish, btw :)

p.-

Like it or not, the internet is defintely shaping this fishery. How, in 1989 could anyone (even living in the area) have known a) about the river or B) that there are fish there or c) that there are fish there now? Maybe a local yokel from there would call you and let you know, or maybe you happened to be driving by on your way to somewhere else & decided to take a look... Nowadays, you can google the spot, and you can google earth it. You can hop on a forum and check out not only pics of fish caught there, but the exact location the fish were caught, what the water was like etc.. bare hours after the fishermen were there. Whereas yesterday people might have known about that trib, today they know for a fact that it's brimming with chrome. There's a fine balance between reporting where and reporting when. For example, can you tell me where this was taken (last Saturday)?

PICT0194.jpg

The best part about this post is that it shows that you - and a lot of other younger fishermen - are excited about the sport and the fishery, and you want to help take care of it. Silvio is on 100% when he says that we have to respect eachother. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are doing the fish and the fishermen a bigger favour by being discreet in your pics (i.e. avoid showing backgrounds) than by showing it so clearly. IMO it's just plain respect, for everyone involved, to employ discretion.

Awesome fish, btw :)

p.-

I know where that fish was caught! lol...... but you're right discretion is a good idea with these posts. I've been fishing 6 days in a row. You wont hear a peep from me

Hi everyone, first timer here. came across this nice messageboard while surfing for more steelheading information

It is very intresting how people think differently towards the very same sport - fishing

Not sure if any of you have been to this website or not

http://forums.fishusa.com/FishErie%25com_D...orumid_3/tt.htm

Instead of promting positive attitude to encourage people to get into steelheading,

some of you, probably because of being selfish, try to be secretive about spots/conditions.

Look at messages at PA boards, they not only share what baits to use, how the conditions are

even looking for people to fish together!

I would rather to get more youngers to get into fishing in return for more fundings for NMR.

Just my two usa cents

Instead of promting positive attitude to encourage people to get into steelheading,

some of you, probably because of being selfish, try to be secretive about spots/conditions.

Look at messages at PA boards, they not only share what baits to use, how the conditions are

even looking for people to fish together!

I would rather to get more youngers to get into fishing in return for more fundings for NMR.

Just my two usa cents

I'm sure if we stocked a million fingerlings into the tribs every year we wouldn't care either..

The fish you are catching are mostly stocked fish for the most part, not so much up here. We have a natural sustaining population that people are very weary of..

Quality over quantity, hence the reason for people being tight lipped.

BTW, I do enjoy fishing down there. People are extremely friendly and I've had nothing but great times..

You should stick around a bit, you wouldn't get many responses being a first timer and asking for spots or the such. Put some time in, make yourself a part of our community and you'll be overwelmed with the response you get from the members of this board.

Just my $0.02 Canadian (What is that, $0.05US? :) )

Edited by BillM