Latest boat buy

Radnine

I picked up one of these for the boat.

P1010003.jpg

It has about 6" of adjustment. The concave back fits nicely into the small of your back.

P1010002.jpg

And it goes low enough to sit on if desired (with feeties on the gunwale). The reason I wanted it though is because it has a considerably smaller footprint than the standard seats (as demonstrated here)

P1010006.jpg

and I was finding last year that I often felt that I had to wrestle the seat to make it up to the trolling motor or anchor.

Jim

I like it! I want to do the same thing- I do not sit and fish much at all, but would like a seat to lean on while running the bowmount and casting. Need to make sure the pedestal matches the base, or may need to replace the base as well- boat is from '98

Picked up the same thing down at Gander Mountain about a month ago..

Seat, pedestal(34" range)and the mounting plate. I think the total was just under $100US...

I also got my buddy to beef up the mounting plate at work.. can't wait to get it installed.

I purposely broke the pin that stops it from spinning around(Mine's a Princecraft). I don't need to pull the lever up to turn 360deg anymore it is free turning. You will love it, it sure saves my back, gives me something to lean on.

Edited by wallyboss

Timing is everthing !

I've been hunting hi and low for this exact setup for my Lund. Can't find anyone in the Toronto area that sells Swivel Eze Pedestals ( other then fixed ). Can you share where you purchased and the cost of the unit.

Thanks in advance

Carlo

I like the metal base on the seat! Set the hook on a bass one day while sitting on my bow seat and the last thing I saw as I was falling backwards was it jumping and throwing the hook, almost bounced my head off the side of the boat. The plastic base broke, had to stand or sit on the side the rest of the day to use the trolling motor. Buddy got a laugh out of it though.

I like the metal base on the seat! Set the hook on a bass one day while sitting on my bow seat and the last thing I saw as I was falling backwards was it jumping and throwing the hook, almost bounced my head off the side of the boat. The plastic base broke, had to stand or sit on the side the rest of the day to use the trolling motor. Buddy got a laugh out of it though.

Yea, I think it's pretty solid. It was not dead cheap but it should last and I new it would fit right out of the box.

To put a bow on this, the other boat in the picture is a 16' Sylvan tinny with a 25 - 4 stroke. The location is my neighbour's garage/storage building. She was kind enough to let me store it there gratis, and another friend of hers caught wind of it and threw his in there as well (I cut her grass all summer, literally not figuratively, for those that worry that I'm taking advantage :angel:). It is super handy having it next door and the facility was perfect.

For those looking for something like this (Buckhorn PM sent) I looked around like a loonie for something that would fit and was unsuccessful until I saw them come in on the new 2009 boats. Talked to my dealer and he made it happen. It was way easier than searching and searching.

Best wishes to all, it won't be long now!!!

Jim