cars on the ice

jonboy

Enjoyed a great last day on simcoe caught one whitie but gnerally a slow day, but just a great banner year on Simcoe. One thing that really ticked me off was idiots driving 100 mph and doing donuts on the slick ice one idiot flying by my eight year old son and I buzzing us 20 or 30 yards from us, i don't want to imagine if he would lose control and wipe out people on the ice. Saw another winner a few weeks ago jumping a pressure crack

like he was Bo from the Dukes of Hazard in his high performance Caravan catching like 5 feet of air and smacking down bending every axle on his van. Not to mention all the environmental issues of cars that go through the ice, I really think it should be illegal to take a car or truck on the ice.

My thoughts Jonboy.

Edited by jonboy

I don't care to much about the fool's on the ice BUT it would be common sense to NOT go out in a truck/var/car as of the start of Mar. (depends on your area) just to be safe. To me if the hut has to be off then no more truck/var/car's either.

I don't think a blanket approach of banning cars on the ice is a wise idea. Sure, you have to be careful and respectful to others but I believe cars should be allowed on the ice as long as the ice is thick enough

There are the Stupid and the smart.

I think that the law should not BAN trucks and cars on the ice .But I do think that there should be strict penalties for these idiots that put other people at risk .

I have seen some flying by at 100km and think that they should have there licence taken away for careless driving .

I saw some fool driving a jeep with no muffler a few times well over 80km/h aimlessly driving around and in very close to hutts and other vehicles I just shake my head and think that he must have shaken the brains from his head!! hitting to much rough ice.

Butt those idiots should not ruin it for the rest of us who play safe out there .

A few years back on cooks bay a car was speeding real close to the hutts and I saw a older guy come out from his hutt take a peice of 2x4 for jacking up the hutt

and bounce it off his hood . He drove right off the ice never to be seen again , If he stopped to make a sceen im sure he would have been walking off the ice (limping)..

mabey a licence plate # should be taken . If possible and reported to the proper authorities there must be a solution out there ..

Im thinking about caring a foot long 2x4 and if they are in range and deserve it they wear it....

Just my 2 cents

B) play safe

Edited by CodeRed

... unfortunately banning stupid people is discrimination....

Oh well.......I guess they'll just have to thin themselves out by doing stupid things, killing them selves, and banning all the good fun stuff for us sensible types....

Sinker

Enjoyed a great last day on simcoe caught one whitie but gnerally a slow day, but just a great banner year on Simcoe. One thing that really ticked me off was idiots driving 100 mph and doing donuts on the slick ice one idiot flying by my eight year old son and I buzzing us 20 or 30 yards from us, i don't want to imagine if he would lose control and wipe out people on the ice. Saw another winner a few weeks ago jumping a pressure crack

like he was Bo from the Dukes of Hazard in his high performance Caravan catching like 5 feet of air and smacking down bending every axle on his van. Not to mention all the environmental issues of cars that go through the ice, I really think it should be illegal to take a car or truck on the ice.

My thoughts Jonboy.

We were on the ice one day back in the late 60's. Some guys were doing that out on the middle of the lake. One, in a late model Charger, hopefully a hemi, spun it right into open water. Didn't hear much sympathy going around.

JF