HOBBY or OBSESSION ?

FISHINGNUT

After hitting the Canadian tire sale last night I took all my new goodies down to the FISHING ROOM to put it away .Well theres no place to put it every tackle box and case is already over flowing ,I have boxes of tackle not even open some I didnt even remember buying or having .I keep adding more shelves and storage bins for my stuff :whistling: I have more tackle than I could ever need or use but I still BUY and BUY. I actually cancled my Pay pal account so I would stop buying off of Ebay,It seemed every second day a parcel would show up at the house or my office .I think one of my problems is I feel I have to have every fishing senario covered for any body of water I fish .For example If I know green , blue ,and orange spoons work well on lake O for rainbows I need a tackle box full just for that lake and if purple ,white and yellow are the colours of choice on Erie I need a box of those for that lake I have tackle boxes that are lake specific for cripes sake :wallbash: I spend countless hours when not fishing just organizing a reorganizing my tackle sharpening hooks and tinkering with my stuff.I am already spooled and tied for the Pike walleye and even bass opener .I can tell you today where I am going to fish for bass opener and what the first lure of the open season I am going to throw.I am sure alot of you guys think I probably need to be medicated :stretcher: but I guess there could be alot worse addictions out there other than fishing

As Alice Cooper sings, "Welcome to my nightmare".

There is no known cure for the addiction you now suffer from. Withdrawal symptoms can be near fatal to you and those around you.

Best scenario is to continue with a treatment plan of at least 1 on water therapy session per week. In a bad week you may need 4-5 treatments to avoid ill effects.

Remember to nourish yourself properly for the physical demands of these treatment sessions. Copious amounts of coffee (water in summer), and keep a readily available stash of jerky or pepperettes on hand. Liberal amounts of draft, lager or ale, in the evening, will replenish your carbs adequately and hold back the DT's til morning.

Of course, you have taken the two most important steps already.

1) You have admitted you have a problem

2) You have joined an encounter group; OFC

:D:D:P:wacko::wacko:

I think it's more like a lifestyle B):Gonefishing:

I probably spend upwards of 175-200 days fishing a year, with the occassional dry spell, average 1-2 days per week in the winter months, and 3-4 days a week in the summer months.

I believe an intervention is in order here. You have taken the first step in admiting your problem and confronting it head on. The next step should be that you don't need a tackle box for every lake. What you need is a larger two sided box so you can combine lakes by geographical area, thus cutting down on the space taken. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by smokin joe

I think you're in need of therapy.... you should stop re-arranging your tackle boxes and sharpening hooks immediately....

There's only one cure and it goes like this: "you must go out fishing as soon as possible to be able to at least find some inner peace of mind before it's too late" lol

If for some reason it doesn't work, then you can always donate your extra fishing gear to a great organisation.... and remember that you have close family ties near by..... us OFC.... will be more than happy to accept them, somehow lift the burden of what you are experiencing lol

Joking aside.... I think for you it's a hobby and not an obsession.

Leechman