Ice fishing sale!!! 50% off

discophish

Just letting everyone know about the big Canadian Tire sale on most ice fishing gear, incl. augers and huts! They never go on for half. Suits too. Sale starts tomorrow!

Hmm, but with the Sportsmen's Show coming up ....

Ice fishing sale!!! 50% off, Spend or not to spend

Dont worry remember its Canadian tire they wont have anything in stock :whistling: thanks for the heads up

all to true ,, what a pant load these sales are ,, reel in the masses .

oh ,, you can count on me being there ,, for sure ,, just in case.

I've never ever had a problem with Canadian Tire. I give them about $100 a week which surely isn't making them rich but I know what to expect when I go there.

I've purchased things there that didn't fit, wasn't what I wanted, was defective...whatever, and have always had an easy time bringing the item back for an exchange or refund. I see Canadian Tire as a convenience store for anything you might need that's not food. It's Sunday and a faucet springs a leak... I can get washers there....that kinda thing.

You want to buy something specifically for ice fishing? Go to a specialty shop. Don't complain about them not being so good at having all the latest and best products out there...it's just not their vocation.

As for having in stock what's on sale..well....it's a national outfit and there are any one of a number of reasons why your particular location doesn't have it. It's not a big deal.....I won't get upset over it.

Our store here in Chatham was great up to a couple years ago when a new owner took over, the old store had everything you needed when you went in and the employees to help you out then the new guy comes in and cleans house the managers are changed and let go new CHEAPER help is brought in and the service went down hill here it sure does suck as I loved the store until it changed hands.

I dont know who the owner is but dont care for alot of the changes we have here heck this year I think there might have been 3 ice rods in there all year long a dozen or so lures and not much more when in years past they had a great selection in Dec and it was always gone by end of Jan or early Feb.

Like you said Roy I dont go there for special fishing stuff I am lucky to hit BPS gander and Janns Net Craft I am kinda spoiled that way to have alot of choices not to mention the locals here and Angling Outfitters these places always come through.

It just sucks when they have a flyer and then you go in and find out that they dont have the stuff and in alot of cases they never did the old store was great but what can ya do.

Well if you ever wanted an ice auger.. now's the time to track one down. ALL 6 power models they carry are on sale at 1/2 price as are all hand augers.. every single one they carry. Sale is already on... a day early, so stuff may be sparse by tomorrow.

Edited by irishfield

Hearing about that sale could be bad news. I'm not an ice fisher, but this sale may persuade me to just go out and purchase the required gear should I choose to take it up. CONTEMPLATION.

The wife would never see me then.

Dirk...

Hearing about that sale could be bad news. I'm not an ice fisher, but this sale may persuade me to just go out and purchase the required gear should I choose to take it up. CONTEMPLATION.

The wife would never see me then.

Dirk...

Hey Dirk, you had your chances the other day for your first ice outing LOL J/K LOL

Go for it my friend :thumbsup_anim: It's totally different from soft water :whistling:

Well if you ever wanted an ice auger.. now's the time to track one down. ALL 6 power models they carry are on sale at 1/2 price as are all hand augers.. every single one they carry. Sale is already on... a day early, so stuff may be sparse by tomorrow.

My store up here in Yellowknife doesn't have any power augers but they do have a bunch of hand augers as well as a one man polar express shelter and a 2 man ice cube. Errrrrr I mean used to have a 2 man ice cube. Can't go wrong for $130 +GST. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Now tomorrow I will return the one man polar express shelter I bought at the beginning of the season for $105 +GST.

Nice upgrade for 25 bucks!!!!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

There is nothing wrong with the one man, it's just too small.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

You can go to their site and follow up on what they have in their ice fishing area. They have store availability, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have it. I suggest you call first for what you are looking to buy. If only this sale was on when I bought my replacement jiffy that was stolen out of my garage this year! CTC was good to me through high school and college, so I'm fairly loyal to them at times. It was fun working their as a kid!

Good luck and be safe on the ice from now.

Visited the Store here in Peterborough tonight.

Some noteables, sale price listed:

Black Mustang floater jacket, sizes XXL, L, M - $124.99 (unfortunately all suits sold out at $164.99)

Floater pants - same sizes - $124.99

6" Hand Auger - $64.99

2 Person portable hut - $124.99

I just got back didnt notice any huts so dont know if they have any, saw a couple manual augers. But I did manage to drop $150 on more ice tackle I really dont need but who can resist 1/2 price :wallbash: The Waterloo store had a lot of lures and rods but all the combos were already gone I got the last windless tip up and HT rod case wish they had more of those ,Now to find a place for all these new lures till next season

Just got back with a 8" Jiffy auger 3hp two stroke, $225 I'm very excited I would have paid $150 for a very used one 2 weeks ago but it sold before I could get there to get it. Out of 5 CT in a 45 minute range from my house 2 had them in stock, all the 10" were sold out or maybe they never carried them. :clapping:

I give up on the Orillia store.Went up tonight for the H of it and what they had was repackaged.One net, a couple of fishfinders,and some small packages of micro ice baits.Good deal on the garmin map76 tho.OH well guess I'll wait for Trombly's spring sale.Shouldn't be long.

Kerry

Just came back from Pickering Parkway store (in Pickering of course). They had a 3HP Jiffy 8" Auger for $224 and a 2 man Sub-Zero hut for $125. If you want them you'd better hurry or call ahead to hold. They are new in boxes and hadn't sold already because they were hidden on the top shelf.

Hopefully parts will be accesible for tecumseh engines for a long time as they went under back in December, After so may decades the U.S. company could no longer compete with china made engines. So most of the power augers next year by jiffy and strike master will be considerally less expensive due to the new chinese engines. That being said there engines are very relaible, as long as there maintained. CDn tire is loosing alot of dollars on every auger so by them up.

Just got back from the Stouffville store.. They had 2 6" manual augers there, alot of lures 1000 yrd spools of Trilene in 6, 8, 10 lbs test. Yhey also had the Mustang 2 piece and 1 piece suits there.. Good selection of stuff still left..

Tiz

ctc isnt perfect but what retailer is?

cheers!

The Beer Store :whistling:

I did stop in to CT today and picked up a Plano soft side tackle bag with 4 3700 utility boxes for 16 bucks .. needed somewhere to put all my lures I picked up from Bass Pro :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by brifishrgy

Hopefully parts will be accesible for tecumseh engines for a long time as they went under back in December, After so may decades the U.S. company could no longer compete with china made engines. So most of the power augers next year by jiffy and strike master will be considerally less expensive due to the new chinese engines. That being said there engines are very relaible, as long as there maintained. CDn tire is loosing alot of dollars on every auger so by them up.

Shouldn't be an issue as they were bought out last month.

This is from another board:

Tecumseh engine company has been purchased.

Janesville businessman Jim Grafft on Monday bought the assets of the engine division of Tecumseh Power Co. and plans to move the operation to Rock County. (JANESVILLE Wi.)

http://gazettextra.com/news/2009/feb/10/pa...upplier-motors/