NF - My Jeep was stolen

SlowPoke

That really sucks SlowPoke. Just as the hardwater season is beginng too. I got you covered here in Toronto.

I guess The theives are startin up. Every winter season seems to be a time of criminal activities. ATV's , Ice Huts, etc. I hear about them all the time from message boards. Its time to bobi-trap everything you own!!

I hope you get it back slowpoke.

dsn

Good news.... maybe....

Police called me to tell me that the Jeep was persued and they didn't spike belt it so my tires are intact. The thieves parked it and took off on foot. The canine unit was called in and they will call me back when I can come pick it up.

-Brian

Good to hear they separated the bad guys from your truck. Hopefully they didnt "park" it too badly. You should probably have a mechanic check it out, after you pick it up. And check the whole truck to make sure there was no property that isnt yours left behind.

Update...

The two "yutes" in question are in custody and my Jeep is being towed to a compound a mile from my house for fingerprints. The cop, without giving up too many details said it was probably taken to commit other crimes and she seemed familier with the suspects. The Jeep was followed for a couple of minutes and they parked it in a parking lot and took off on foot and were later caught. The cop hasen't inspected the vehicle for damage but she believes it wasn't involved in any collisions and will likely just be igniton damage.

They will call me when it's been printed later today to pick it up. I don't know if I'm happy or not.. while waiting I was surfing for a new vehicle and found a nice 2003 Cadillac DeVille with 90K for $13,000. I guess it'll have to wait.

I have to say, I didn't expect the police would do much about it... an older vehicle, not worth much... just wait until somebody reports it sitting somewhere with broken windows and no tires. I reported it at 2:40AM, police arrived at 3:15AM and found it at 4:00AM. Good work by the boys and girls in blue!

-Brian

WOW, my daughter called to tell me her 92 Civic just got stolen. In Calgary. I bought her the Car last year while in TO because I got a good price and she works hard as a Student. Its all I could afford for her. I cant even help on her student loan. Hopefully the cops find it in tact. there was hardly any gas, but the problem is that it needed oil because of a leak. There is no way that she will get a car to replace it for the price I paid in TO. Of note, I bought the car through Auto trader and it was advertised as Private, I went to buddies house and found out he was an AFghan, who was selling it after his buddie a Car Dealer (you know, a small lot with a trailer had given it to him) Shady. Well I get a call from a Pvt investigater that questions me about the Car. Seems the Afghan Car dealer had lost his licence by marking down the odometer but is still in Buisness through his son. Beware of so called PVT deals. Oh yea, when I confronted the the seller, I was not his FRIEND LOL and he forgot how to speak english. Funny thing, I bought my Civic through another PVT advertisement, Ironically he was an AFghan and exported Cars to the Emerites. Supposedly this was his own car. So far that car has been ok. I wonder how many are out there.

Was it in the westmount area some lil buggers tried to steal my 4x4 blazer from there last year at this time. Good to hear they found your with little damage i needed a new window and steering column cost about 15 hund. However the young offenders will probably get weekends in our summer camp youth facility while they should be working to pay for the $hit they damaged.

Update on the stolen Civic. The Calgary Cops found the car at a 7-11 store sleeping while the Car is running. Apparrently he was in position of a Knife. From what I here is there was damage to the Ignition. Question: Will insurance pay for the Damage and will rates go up. Hats off to the Cops

Just another reason to buy a ford.Who would steal it.LOL

Glad to hear all worked out well Brian :thumbsup_anim:

LOL@ misfish! Good one,LOL :thumbsup_anim:

Update on the stolen Civic. The Calgary Cops found the car at a 7-11 store sleeping while the Car is running. Apparrently he was in position of a Knife. From what I here is there was damage to the Ignition. Question: Will insurance pay for the Damage and will rates go up. Hats off to the Cops

Sorry to hear that holdfast! :( I hope that the cost of repair won't be to high! :unsure: I hope that everything works out for your daughter.

Well, glad to hear your Jeep was recovered. You're a very lucky man! Less than 40% of stolen vehicles are recovered, even with an alarm system. Have you guys heard of Boomerang Tracking? They have the best theft recovery technology on the planet. Boomerang's system involves a device called a boom which can be buried in up to 40 different areas of your vehicle and has no antenna because it's cellular based. Thieves cannot detect the boom in your car, short of tearing the vehicle apart. OnStar, AirIQ and all other theft deterrent systems are GPS based and must have antennas. Put a foil gum wrapper on your GPS antenna and you're offline. If your vehicle leaves line of sight with a satellite, your cooked!!

Boomerang's digital cellular signal can be "tracked" through containers, within buildings, in underground parking.....your car has virtually nowhere to escape being tracked. If someone moves your car more than 10 feet and your digitally matched key fob is not in the ignition, the Boomerang tracking team is notified within seconds, that your car is on the move and monitoring begins. Even if your keys and fob are in the ignition, you can notify Boomerang that your car has been stolen and again within seconds, the tracking team is hunting down the signal from your Boom. The Boomerang tracking team gives chase until your car is found, then the local police are notified to move in. Boomerang Tracking recovered an astonishing 94% of stolen vehicles equipped with their technology in 2006. Sales grew 280% last year in Canada. All Boomerang's competitors combined in all the years they have been installing anti-theft technology could not match the $$ value of vehicles recovered by Boomerang just last year!!

Check with your local car dealer regarding prices, but packages range from $499 to $1200 depending on the options chosen for 2 years monitoring and installed Boom with key fob. It's very sexy technology, almost standard at certain dealers in southern Ontario now.....

Don't forget to ask your dealer about Boomerang!! Get smart, get Boomerang!

(Hey, I don't work for Boomerang.....just love to talk them up!!!!)

dang brian that sucks but then its also good that it is coming back.

I always have a look in my neigbourhood when heading to work in the early am and have helped the police in a few cases catch the bad guys I did kick my self in the donkey on night when I did nothing as I thought it was the neighbour kid on the bike turned out it was not and his house was broken into go figure the one night I dont stp in at the cop shop or pull a cop over you should see the look on there faces when I pull along side of them and wave them over or better yet follow them down a alley to stop them.