Couple of hours on L. Ontario

ehg

Whenever the winds are from the north on a Saturday in the winter i like to try and get out on the big water.

Today seemed like that type of day. Got to the launching area and the breeze was onshore however it was light.

Was able to get to spot but it sure was choppy with increasing winds from the southeast unfortunately going across a large fetch of lake. Good thing we tried for a a bit before we got chased off the lake by whitecaps. The fishing turned out pretty good. It was cold - 10 C (14F) when we went out but we were to busy catching to feel it. As usual i will post a few pictures...

Here is some of the scrappy little browns we catch.

My buddy Dave with first one..

IMG_0003-7.jpg

I caught one as well

IMG_0005-10.jpg

Here is a few more browns we caught always a lot of fun.

IMG_0013-4.jpg

IMG_0017-4.jpg

Catch the White Bass here as well some pics of them.

IMG_0018-2.jpg

IMG_0016-2.jpg

A nice doubleheader picture of big White Bass

IMG_0011-7.jpg

IMG_0019-2.jpg

The next couple of fish we don't catch a lot at this place but today they were there.,

A couple of rainbow trout.

A cute little guy that i luckily got a picture of before it shook out of Davids hands

IMG_0006-8.jpg

IMG_0007-5.jpg

A bigger bow...

IMG_0008-5.jpg

A better pose

IMG_0010-5.jpg

Dave also briefly had on a huge bow that started doing cartwheels and flips in front of us after it got unhooked.

Must had been well over 15 lbs or so.

Also caught some OOS smallmouth way offshore when trolling which was a surprise.

All fish were caught on Rattlin' Raps in shad colour.

Quickly we had to leave as it started getting to rough, too bad as the catching was constant and there was an hour or more of light.

It was probably a good decision judging by our brutal boat ride back.

Hope you enjoy the pictures and cheers,

ehg

Wow, you are brave to go out there in this cold and wind, whew!!:thumbsup_anim:

Joey

It looks pretty dang cold out there and y'all are hardcore for enduring it!!! :clapping:

Kudos to you guys for braving mother nature today :clapping:

Cause it was cold

Leechman

It really didn't feel as cold with the stronger sun these days, There was a guy out wakeboarding there by the beach.

We were covered in ice from wave crashing and wind when we got back.

Thanks for further replies!

Great report, looks like a productive day, lots of variety too....

But you guys seriously need to get some floater suits. Going out in this weather in a tinny with a undone lifejacket on one, and nothing on the other guy is not good. Play safe!!

Burt :)

Another great outing on the Big O Erik... now do those snaps up next time it's rough... :D

But you guys seriously need to get some floater suits. Going out in this weather in a tinny with a undone lifejacket on one, and nothing on the other guy is not good. Play safe!!

Burt :)

Youse are right to show some concern, it's appreciated. It is very dangerous to do this in that boat but trust me safety is our primary concern when doing this, when the lifejacket is off or open is when we are sheltered and close to shore. I had some line clippers and camera in that jacket so lifejacket was unsnapped at those moments. When travelling both our lifejackets are on, even in past we used floater suits but we've done this over 50 times.

IMG_0665.jpg

Not a recommended way of fishing unless you have experience and are hardcore.

Just like to catch fish.

Very true Burtess, best advice no doubt as it did get a little hairy there. All in all, it was an insane fishin day, totally worthy of its own fishing show. We could have well been slammin fish till dusk, but that just wasnt in the cards. Interestingly though, I find the best fishing is when the weather is not so generous.

PS: Dont ever, and I mean EVER!!, do this unless you have a very good weather source that you understand and can follow with ease. Because Death is inevitable when the winds become to strong.

Youse are right to show some concern, it's appreciated. It is very dangerous to do this in that boat but trust me safety is our primary concern when doing this, when the lifejacket is off or open is when we are sheltered and close to shore. I had some line clippers and camera in that jacket so lifejacket was unsnapped at those moments. When travelling both our lifejackets are on, even in past we used floater suits but we've done this over 50 times.

IMG_0665.jpg

Not a recommended way of fishing unless you have experience and are hardcore.

Just like to catch fish.

Statistics show that it is the most experienced people that typically end up in a bad situation. Nice pics but that boat and that water and that weather don't look like they should mix.

Nice pics but that boat and that water and that weather don't look like they should mix.

Actually that boat and that water and that weather did mix so that we had a amazing fishing day like some other folks we met out fishing that day in a similar way.

Bill you are correct about the lippin. I'll have to check some musky photos :canadian: