Lunker Laker

WeedLine

I have had some successful outings this winter with some of my buddies. Lakers have been biting very well in different areas and on multiple bodies of water. We have iced quite a few big lakers in the 8-10lb range but this is my biggest. Never weighed it but it was like a basketball with a giant head and tail. This blockhead of a trout had some beautiful fins on her. She was released like the rest of them. Although we catch some nice sized lake trout on the niagara bar, catching big fish through a hole on a short rod and moving and finding fish in new locations is alot of fun. Can't wait to get out again.

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

Nice fish , they always look huge when they are held out to the camera.

Yeah, be a little more kind to the camera angle and hold the fish in closer to your body... if it's a good fish, it'll still look big!

Even with the "long arm" pose I can tell that's a very fine Laker!!! :thumbsup_anim:

... and that's a heckuva crappie you're holding in your avatar!!! :clapping:

Edited by GCD

im not really sure why the banter starts about someone holding a freaking fish, i really dont get it. And if you look his arm is close to his body, the camera man is close, what does it matter though? congratulate the man on his fish and leave it at that, itz not really that hard.

Nice laker btw how the heck did he fit through the hole!?!?!

Awesome laker! Looking to get into some of those today.

I don't think there is anything wrong with holding the camera close to the fish. After all you are trying to take a great picture of your incredible catch. That means getting the camera in tight to pick up all the variations in the colouring, and so what if you make it look bigger in the process. Professional photographers wait for the right light/perfect poses and conditions to take the perfect shot so why can't we?

Awesome laker! Looking to get into some of those today.

I don't think there is anything wrong with holding the camera close to the fish. After all you are trying to take a great picture of your incredible catch. That means getting the camera in tight to pick up all the variations in the colouring, and so what if you make it look bigger in the process. Professional photographers wait for the right light/perfect poses and conditions to take the perfect shot so why can't we?

agreed. I cant fathom why anyone really cares how a fish is held ( unless held in a way that would harm the fish) and how close to the camera it is. Maybe the people who say these things are a little jealous of the picture or something i dont know.

agreed. I cant fathom why anyone really cares how a fish is held ( unless held in a way that would harm the fish) and how close to the camera it is. Maybe the people who say these things are a little jealous of the picture or something i dont know.

we are all just kidding hellfish, its part of our jelousy we like to tease a bit all fisherman do, i dont know if you noticed but afterwards everyone is congratulating him on a good fish. i dont believe any harm is being intended

Matt!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

agreed!

teasing is as much a part of fishing for me as reeling the little buggers in.

if i'm not razzing a buddy i'm likely tying a pop can to his ice fishing line. man can those cola cans fight when a guy starts handlining them in!

Thanks fellas. Just to let everyone know that I actually cropped the photos to eliminate unneeded background. The cameraman was actually far from the fish. Thanks again for looking. We estimated her weight at somewhere between 15-17 lbs, shoulda seen its gut.