So I have some money left on the plan .....

jdmls

So instead of buying another useless pair of sunglasses through my benefits plan, I figured I would buy a pair of glasses I could put to good use. I am looking for a pair of name brand Polarized glasses that I can order through an eyewear distributor via my benefits....:angel:

so far I have seen Oakley makes a pair....

Any Brand suggestions ?

Also, do you guys know of any eye wear retailers that would carry them in the GTA ?

Edited by JDMLS

I have Oakley's (2 regular and 1 polarized pair) and can't say enough good things about them.

They definitely work well for me and the optics are phenomenal. They are so good that any slight

speck of dirt on the lens will be annoying so beware of that.

RJ

I would suggest a nice pair of aviator style frames, Flexon's if you can afford them and some glass lenses!!! The Glass won't scratch like the plastic will, I don't know about you but I'm tough on a pair of glasses and glass lenses are the only ones I find durable and mainly scratch resistant enough for me!

What is the deal with sunglasses. How much hype is there?

I usually get a pair of polarized sunglasses off the rack that fit and cover my eyes well.

My brother buys Serengetti's and likes them. I tried them and found that the cheap polarized ones were much better. I was able to see deeper in the water and rock shoals were visible.

It's no big deal if I lose mine or scratch them either. Can you even get polarized glass lens?

What is the deal with sunglasses. How much hype is there?

I usually get a pair of polarized sunglasses off the rack that fit and cover my eyes well.

My brother buys Serengetti's and likes them. I tried them and found that the cheap polarized ones were much better. I was able to see deeper in the water and rock shoals were visible.

It's no big deal if I lose mine or scratch them either. Can you even get polarized glass lens?

I think the "high end" polarized glasses are a status symbol more than anything Bernie. I was told that you can get polarized glass lenses, but not with photogrey (what I use, changes from light to dark depending on the amount of light).

I use a pair of cheap Bill Dance polarized clip-ons over my prescription photogreys (glass, transitions are plastic) when I need them, most of the time they stay in the storage locker of the boat.

Edited by GCD

I have a pair of H2Optics that I thought were the cats a$$ until I sat on them one fateful morning a few years ago. Since then I've had a chance to wear a few different brands and ended up with a pair of dark Arnette glasses that I wear on REALLY sunny days and a pair of Smith Optics that I would recommend to anyone. They have the photochromic lens and are by far my favourite pair of glasses ever. High end is not just for show. You pay for a good pair of glasses and you get your moneys worth.

Anything by BOLLE.

Dirk...

100% agree.

I bought a pair at Costco that comes with 2 PAIRS OF LENSES!

You can pop out one pair of heavy and put in a lighter shade depending on the suns strength.

It's like a 2-4-1 deal!

They were on sale for $70 normally $99 which is still a steal!

100% agree.

I bought a pair at Costco that comes with 2 PAIRS OF LENSES!

You can pop out one pair of heavy and put in a lighter shade depending on the suns strength.

It's like a 2-4-1 deal!

They were on sale for $70 normally $99 which is still a steal!

Yer such a fashion czar eh!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Any place that sell's eyewear can write up "frames + lenses" with the most minor (and maybe fake I might add) 'prescription' on the invoice. The good news is if you have a 'prescription' you are not paying the full taxes. Hence my Ray Ban P's (P means polarized) that I got this year in the GTA for $185 all in... You just have to ask around if they can write it up like that for you. I know a few places if needed... LOL!