My New Boat

GeorgeJ

Here is a picture of my new boat and trailer, still looking at motors and researching that whole subject. As of right now I'm leaning towards a 25hp 2 stroke, that's the max it is rated for. It came with a bow platform and a really wide rear bench with pedestal mounts already installed. I have added seats so far and a couple of rod holders. The model is a Tracker grizzly 1448 AWL, (all welded long shaft) It was a leftover 08 so it was way less than an 09.

P1060670.JPGrsz.jpg

IMG00025.jpgrsz.jpg

Boy it sure seems like Yamaha has captured a lot of attention in the outboard motor world. I continually read very good things about them and I only ran across one dealer that sells both Yamaha and Mercury and didn't have a preference of one over the other. Most dealers have me convinced Yamaha is the way to go. I do like the looks of that camo Merc though... there was a little camo Minn Cota at the london boat show that I looked at and loved the way it looked but this boat has a bow mount platform already installed and that motor was a transom mount. In case anyone is wondering this boat was $1999 freight and pdi included from Hully Gully, trailer was $835. They were still advertising them at the London show so they may still have some.

Great boat congrats. I have a 16 foot john boat with a 25hp merc 2 stroke on it. Next thing for me is to upgrade to a 4 stroke. You'll enjoy the flatbottom boat for bass, pike, perch, etc. It's great in the shallows, bays and med to small lakes of Ontario. Just be careful on larger lakes that get any kind of waves, these boats are terrible in those situations. It's also a great boat to duck hunt out of. Enjoy and congrats again.

I have a yamaha and love it. I would sugest you go with 4 stroke over the 2. The new F series is almost as light as the 2, but better fuel economy. Plus no smell and less noise. Nice boat were you gonna take her for your first trip. I'm thinking some nice shallow back bay or river just after ice out for crappies. I might see you there..lol