Laker

troutologist

Last weekend I headed out to camp for a few nights. Saturday we never got on the water til 1 or so do to some technical difficulties encountered the previous evening.

Fished without action until about 4pm. All the sudden there was a frenzy of hits on set lines...a few hook ups and losses.

Seemed like a school of smaller fish nibbling on the minnow tails. This kept up for about an hour.

Packing up I saw my gad pop and at a speed only coors can provoke I was off.

Took almost 10mins to handline this fish in on 6lb test. It took a solid group effort with people holding the line off the ice to keep it untangled and an excellent arm down the hole landing job.

IMG_3264_1_.JPG

9lb 14oz on the digi

Funny thing is went back to the same spot the next evening and the girlfriend hooked into one the same size or bigger that we never got in. Plus it broke my rod.

Good weekend with some mild weather to be out on the ice.

Thanks for the replys. I can't wait to get back out there.

Camp is just north of echo bay (east of the Soo).

some beautie country up that way, can be a pain in the :asshat: to have to hike into some of those lakes but breathtaking none the less, good work once again

Matt!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

The exciting thing is that i am having my wedding / reception / dinner / party on that lake this fall. hey jay, do you think she'll still marry me if we go out fishing the day of my wedding?