UPS shipping problem

GoneFishin

Well to start off, I finally found someone who wanted to trade for my fly rod. We agreed, my fly rod for his 7'6" fig rig casting rod. He said he sent his last Tuesday through USPS and I sent mine UPS last Thursday. He received my package yesterday but I still haven't received his?? I know UPS ships faster then most other businesses so it could still be in the mail. But here where everything goes to hell. He emailed me yesterday after receiving the package and instead of the 4'6" tube with a rod in it, he received a small box containing "Chews 4 Health" Dietary supplements. At first I didn't believe him but I got him to send me pictures and it looks like he's telling me the truth. It had the same tracking number and the date was the same as when I shipped it but my phone number and postal code were both off by one number. I phoned UPS about an hour ago and they are looking into it but still haven't phoned back... I didn't pay for shipping insurance because it cost me a little over 30 to ship the dam thing to Indiana...

The employee from UPS packed the rod into 2 tubes that he had to measure and cut and my girl friend and mother were with me at the time and I still have the receipts from UPS. I searched "Chews 4 Life" on Google and it seems like a lot of people have been scammed by them and keep receiving more dietary supplements each month that are charged to their credit card. So I'm thinking there are probably a lot of these being to be returned to the post office and either got mixed up or was switched...

So is there anything I can do besides talk to the post office? I'm pretty sure its UPS that screwed up but until I receive his rod I wont be positive.

Don"t know if I have any advice for you . But keep calling and I hope it works out.

We use UPS at work and have had items go missing ,only to show up later ( damaged :wallbash: )

Canada Post has basic coverage ($100 I think) for anything above regular mail, does UPS have anything similar ?

TB

Call the Terminal Manager where you shipped from or go in person. Do not rely on customer service. To them you are just a number. Have the manager track step by step. If not get hold of the regional office. If there is a scam going on I am sure they would like to get involved.

Good hunting.

Edited by davew3

Ask for a tracking number from to other guy. You can track a parcel using this number. Just Google USPS and click on tracking. USPS is pretty slow but it gets here.

Muddler

He sent me this to track it "US Post Office. Customs Form# CP77270467OUS" He told me it was in Toronto on Tuesday morning but I have not been able to use this number and he hasn't told me how he used it yet..

I phoned UPS back but they said they wont know anything about it until tomorrow...

If he shipped USPS the tracking number will show up in the system within 24hrs of receiving the package. If the person said it was in Canada and the tracking number is not found, it makes me think somethings up or the number is wrong. I get many packages a month shipped to me by USPS, UPS, FedEx and Royal mail and never had a mix up. It is true that USPS shipping takes a little longer, but no brokerage fee is a bonus, just taxes. Hope this works it's self out.

scammed...

it will show up if USPS recieved it... bottom line - no exceptions

went through a stint a while back on an ebay purchase... same thing happened, never recieved it, guy swears he sent it... filed ebay claim, paypal claim and a whole whack of other online "felony" stuff, the item showed up a week later... Imagine that...

I kept getting the runaround, that once it goes through canada customs and that canada post recieves it, that then it'll show up in the system... LIES all LIES Buyer/Trader Beware!!

always insure your item... years ago, i sent a tool in for repair, and had it insured for more then it was worth... UPS lost it, and it was a huge hassle to have them pay us for the insured amount... totally Bull in my opinion, if i pay to have something insured, it shouldn't matter what it is... it could have been a dog turd with a bow on it, but if i paid extra $$ to insure it, then by golly they should pay if it's lost!!

It's not a scam, he used a O instead of a zero... The tracking number is CP772704670US not CP77270467OUS

BTW, customs are slow I wouldn't worry about it.

2009/02/16 10:33 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

2009/02/14 10:38 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

2009/02/13 15:28 International item mailed in origin country

Edited by BillM

It's not a scam, he used a O instead of a zero... The tracking number is CP772704670US not CP77270467OUS

BTW, customs are slow I wouldn't worry about it.

2009/02/16 10:33 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

2009/02/14 10:38 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

2009/02/13 15:28 International item mailed in origin country

:thumbsup_anim: Thanks for figuring that out, I feel better now knowing its on its way lol. I phoned UPS today and they said they think they have found it and that they know it got mixed up. They told me they should know tomorrow.. Hopefully everything goes smoothly..