D DAY

misfish

I cant make heads or tails of it. They get it,the funds,but no real plan.

From what I can read from it,the American plants now hold the cards.

The Candian based plants get 10 or 15 % of the payout from the American buy out.

Im very confussed .

Will the GM and Crysler plants be history in Canada?

Ford seems to be holding thier own. :dunno:

Im thinking this is a move to bust the union. Again, dont make this a union bash.Im way past this now. You have made yer beds and now you/we ALL have to work it out.

Were just waiting to get the word to start stamping out the parts for the 2010 models as we have 20 new dies to get vamped up.

So,what do you all think?

May you all work to provide. :canadian:

Do you remember Hudson, Studebaker, Rambler, American Motors....

How old do you think I am????????? :whistling:

I do remember American Motors. They made the most ugliest cars. I believe one was named the matodor and then there was the Gremlin????????? That was a cool hatch back.

You could be right GCD. I hope not though.

Amc had a couple of neat cars. They had a hotrod in the late 60's. Was a nice looking car too. An AMX if I recall.

And the Eagle was an interesting concept but it was poorly made. All wheel drive made it a good winter car.

PACER VS Gremlin. The same car,but one was so much uglier

Oh yeah! The AMX was a souped up version of the Javelin!

You can see a Matador that converts into and airplane and a Hornet that jumps a river with a full twist here!

As some of you may know, AMC was a pretty good sized car company at one time... they were the ones that bought Rambler when they went out.

... but they didn't last forever.

Edited by GCD

Bad Brian. Our country was built on hard working efficent companys. Swim or sink.

Why support a company that isn't making the grade? Like Glen said earlier. Where are theose companys from the past? No one bailed them out. Our countrys remained viable and strong afterwards. Supporting failure only leads to more failure.

Jedi

I think you have a good point and that will be in the minds of people when they buy.

My question is what are they going to do with all that unsold stock?

I heard they have rented out Canada's Wonderland parking lot to store unsold cars?

Not good for anyone.

I think Ford is on the right track by not begging for cash. It makes them look more viable to potential new car buyers. Who wants a car from a company that may pull out of Canada or even be bankrupt in under 6 months?

Thats a very good point jed.

Did I mention ,when we bought our new Focus,the Ford dealership had made 16 sales by 2 pm?????????

Im not going to do the PRO Ford thing,but they seem to do it right,for some reason.

Not sure,was there a guy named GMC??????????

Edited by misfish