Fishing Show - Saturday

ccmtcanada

Bly and I headed to the fishing show late this morning. Lots of people, but like others have said, no real big deals to be had. Then again, most shows are like this...the good ole days of bargain hunting and deal making are getting more and more rare!

Here's a few pics from this afternoon...

Dave doing his thing...

show1Davedemo.jpg

Pete, TJ and TJ's better half!

show2petetjmon.jpg

Dave and...hey...I know that guy on the left...hadn't seen him in a while!! Good to see you bud!

show4stevedave.jpg

A few OFNers...Jeffbornfishin, TangledLines and Fishindevil.

show6tljeffshawn.jpg

It was great to see other OFNers as well...it was great seeing/talking to you there. Members included...Ron (Muskies Canada), Ecmilley, Buster, Nautifish, John and John, JP Derose, Canadian Copper..and I'm sure I've forgotten a few...my apologies! Seems like we missed a few others who were there in the morning!

We got out of there relatively unscathed in the 'purchases' department. I won a Muskies Canada shirt, and bought these flys...a bargain at just 75 cents each! Can't wait to try these out for steelhead!

show7flys.jpg

OMG!!!... you captured the highly elusive and very rare TL on photo media!!! :thumbsup_anim:

show6tljeffshawn.jpg

There's a big reward comin' to ya for that one Cliff!!! ;)

Just as I thought!!!... the guy on the left looks like he's fresh outta prison! :canadian:

show4stevedave.jpg

How ya doin Steve?... long time no see/hear from ya Bubba! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for those pics Cliff, wish I coulda been there myself!

Oh no, he busted out the pink hat's!!!! I knew I should have stuck around as my daughter would have gone crazy for one of those... :wallbash: To bad both kid's wanted to get going home...

Good to see Dave held true to his word that he would wear one too! :thumbsup_anim:

Good pic's Cliff!

Edited by GBW

It was great meeting everyone this avo.....Bly Cliff john and everyone else....I had a good day today enjoyed Myself and wait till i post the video of dave talking about his poopey episode....lmao....ohhh and a picture of TJ.....LMAO....

Fishinsled....was great seeing you again today....Sorry i could not stay longer the boy was getting ancy....lol... :whistling:

OMG!!!... you captured the highly elusive and very rare TL on photo media!!! :thumbsup_anim:

show6tljeffshawn.jpg

There's a big reward comin' to ya for that one Cliff!!! ;)

Thanks for those pics Cliff, wish I coulda been there myself!

Well it had to happen some time Glen, but She was totally unaware...as for the picture taker well... :whistling:

A deal is in the works to be the official Canadian Distributor of those hats.. a prestigious honour indeed!!! Any musky fishermen worth his salt must have one of those....

LOL..

in any event i had a great day!!! I got to talk to alot of my lodge clients, some new tackle companies on the block had some good chats with Dave and Pete, even though they were very busy. Even swing some deals for some new contests coming up!! Talked to JP DeRose (I think my wifey has a crush on him.. i dont know why??? Whats he got I don't...??) Dave treated all the OFC'r s that showed to subway gift cards, and honestly I couldn't believe the lineup at his booth after his seminar. Dave is the man, a great guy and as always a friend of the board.

OH YA!! Cliff!!! The commercials were running!! I finally saw them.

I think the most interesting thing I saw all day was these lures though... WORKS of art... Ive seen larger muskie lures that had a lot of work on them... but these crank baits were AWESOME!!!

I think the most interesting thing I saw all day was these lures though... WORKS of art... Ive seen larger muskie lures that had a lot of work on them... but these crank baits were AWESOME!!!

What lures???

Cliff, you're safe...but you may have a 2nd shadow at future G2Gs. Starting to get the impression that standing behind you is the only way to be to avoid getting jpegged! :lol:

We really enjoyed meeting everyone who turned up for the Meet Greet & Bleep. Sorry we missed the poop dance lesson - looking forward to Nauti's video!

We didn't buy much at the show...~$40 taxes in. Prices were significantly higher than at the Sportsmen's Show last spring, and the retailers didn't seem to have much stock on hand. A pair of 1oz jigs and a bottle of soft bait Mend-it came from Bass Magnet Lures, and Fishing World's 2/$10 bin yielded an odd-shaped Spro Minnow 45 and 3 colors of 7" Powerbait Manic Shads.

The master bass seminar was excellent - more than worth the price of admission and the drive all by itself. Gord Pyzer (freshly inducted into the fishing hall of fame yesterday), Big Jim (fresh from his first haircut!), Mike Desforges, Doug Brownridge, and Jarod Dean...for 3.5 hours. Tons of notes to look over when it comes time to put the boat in the water - lots of new concepts to explore. Starting to wish I'd signed us up for other species' seminars as well. In his introduction, Andy Pallotta said that they want to make the show into "a major information centre." Looks like they're off to a great start.

I tried to wait around for the meet and greeet. But missed out, hopefully everyone had a great time !

the wife was getting a little restless and I thought it was time to go... for the first fishing show I've been to since I was like 10... it was a good time ! cant wait for the next one.

Hello!!

This is not Pete replying (it's his wife :thumbsup_anim: , I have a profile on this site but Pete had his up so I decided to jump on his and say "hey there"!)

This was my very first visit to Canada (which makes it my very first fishing show in Canada as well :clapping: ) You were all very nice, I enjoyed speaking with each of you and hope to see you all again next year!

And yep...Pink T-shirts with "bling" on the way...they look great with the Pink Hats... "Big Fish Dig Pink" :Gonefishing: Hee hee

Hi,

Pete here this time ... Esther and I made it back late last night. Sure is quite a drive from Toronto. We stopped briefly at the Detroit Boat show on the way home. After lots of cold and snow at home, was kinda weird to see "brown" pretty much all the way home. We have a bit of snow cover here in the northern reaches of WI yet though.

Was great to see a bunch of you OFNer's there. Got to see Lew and Buck and others (I'm horrible with names ... I apologize :asshat: ) on Friday - and then many of you on Sat. with the pink hat display.

After dealing with a grumpy border agent, my bride's first trip to Canada seemed like it would be her last initially, but as I told her, Canadians are great folks and that things would get better. We really enjoyed the trip.

(though I missed you Roy)

Monique was nice enuf to show us Americans how to drink wine ... we appreciated the lesson. :whistling:

It was nice to meet you too Pete. Myself and the kid's enjoyed it (we were in the front row after we spoke). I don't think the bass hated you like you kept saying, they were prob. freaked out seeing those big lures you were tossing... ;)

Hi,

Hey thanks a bunch Buster. Good to hear. (Especially that I'm welcome back :thumbsup_anim: ... please notify the border :w00t: )

And thanks GBW; was great to speak with all of you, and glad enjoyed the show. (Yeah, those poor bass ... they really weren't very active at all- and I kept banging those big lures into them ... I had that one snagged in the back for a bit, after demonstrating the the twitch [guess the lure bobbed when the bass expected a weave] ... fortunately it wiggled off :whistling: )

Hard to imagine TJ looking any better than he did in that pink hat.

I thought Andy and Vita did a great job with the show itself.

Again, great to meet many of you - and I look forward to getting back up there.

(though I missed you Roy)

AWWWWWW, Pete, that is so nice of you. Hopefully we can hook up this summer.

OH, and about that grumpy border agent, tell Miss Esther not to fret. I have secured a few pics of him dressing a goat in a nightgown. She might like to show him a pic or two the next time you cross. I don't think you'll have anymore problems.

Both of you be well.