Daddy Daughter Gobie Smash Fest II

I spent most of my weekend working in the office, and watching the beautiful weather from my window, so I decided tonight I was going to take Averie out before dark for some more of that non-stop gobie action.... it was our first time hitting the ice without "mommy supervision" :whistling: we ended up going to the store for chocolate on the way home... :thumbsup_anim:

Believe it or not we didn't get into any fish until our third hole - like 2 feet away from the 2nd hole...even gobies won't move far for food through the ice.

Here's some pix of our short trip...

IMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

One of many fish...

IMG_4104.jpg

Headin' home...

IMG_4108.jpg

Gotta love livin' in the country....

IMG_4112.jpg

and here's a pro in action... pretty good for a 2 year old!

And another...lol

Anyways, I'm dying for the softwater season to kick off...enough panfish and gobies for me.... but as always, as long as the kid is catching fish she's happy, and so am I!

Cheers,

UF - & daughter

the other day I told my wife I was going to buy an ice hut and she said she'd kill me if I came home with one, and Averei started crying and said '"don't kill my daddy'" man it was hard to keep a strait face while calming her down....so yeah...i'm laying off the slaying of gobies for a little bit... I think she watches to many action movies with me as it is.. haha

the other day I told my wife I was going to buy an ice hut and she said she'd kill me if I came home with one, and Averei started crying and said '"don't kill my daddy'" man it was hard to keep a strait face while calming her down....so yeah...i'm laying off the slaying of gobies for a little bit... I think she watches to many action movies with me as it is.. haha

LOL!!! Sounds like she's "Daddy's Girl" eh?! Your kid is freakin' adorable!!

I remember when my 6yr old cousin came fishing with me and some buddies... his 2nd time out...he knows the story of "Gobies".. and what we're supposed to do to them. Anyway, he caught a GOBY... not realizing it was a GOBY (probably cause he's only seen a GOBY 5x times the 1st time around fishing)....anyway, as I was taking the GOBY off the hook - he goes and talks to his brother telling him how "I GOT 'EM!!"...as soon as I removed the hook from the GOBY... my 6yr old cousin turns around....literally, last thing he saw... was my foot bringing "DA THUNDA" on the fish! OH MAN.... the reaction I saw on his face?! ...."YOU KILLED HIM!!"....immediatly bursts into tears...... then his brother goes..."Dude!...That was a GOBY".... he immediately goes into "BIG MAN MODE" .... wipes his tears... and goes "I KNEW THAT! I KNEW THAT!!!"....

OH MAN!! IT WAS CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSIC!! (I'm laughing now just thinking about it!!)

PS: Thanks for sharing your story!! (reminds us of what GOOD MEMORIES really are)

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

How cute is that??? Jeez...she looks like a natural with that rod and reel!!

We took our little one goby fishing last summer. Put them all in a bucket...told her right away that they wouldn't be going back in the water...and that we were going to throw them in the bushes. Things went great right up until it was time for disposal. She picked her favourite one, named it, and wanted pictures of it so she cuold remember it. She then cried all the way home....until she got some ice cream anyways...LOL.

" he throws them from his plane " Snag ya break me up as all ways , (tho I think in this case its true , just see the head lines now "P3TA member struck down by strange flying gobie )) ... Ya got a real cutie there urban , great pics to brighten up my day thanks for shareing .

Thanks so much for sharing that....i actually misted up...we are expecting our 1st child any day now.....CANT WAIT!

Congrats dude! Being a dad is single handedly the coolest thing in the world. No matter how bad of a day you're having they'll always make you smile. Best wishes from me and the fam!

Speaking of babies, my wife is 6.5 months preggo and we just found out this morning we're HAVIN' A BOY! WOOOHOOOO

Here's a 3d ultrasound shot of him.

Profile_1.jpg

And the proof that he's a boy shot..lol can you make it out?

BoyorGirl.jpg

Great post , nothing better than time with your kids !

Mine are gettin old ( teenagers) but they are still great to be with ( Honest!)

We will have a whole gang of little people at Tylers event , a buddy and his two little girls and 3 of my nieces kids ( we are babysittin for the weekend) can"t wait and hope to get them all catchin some fish !

Limeyangler - be sure and let us know when the little limey is here :thumbsup_anim:

TB

she's only TWO man! lol most kids her age that I know are still wearing diapers and barely talkin' - I think we can let the gobie stomping slip for a little longer... :santa::whistling:

You can protect her at home but we all know gobie stomping is rampant amongst the day-care set

Edited by Musky or Specks