Yamaha Kicker

PERCHER

I was a little bored today so I decided to install my Troll Master.I ended up with this after talking to Slowpoke(Brian) and Fishindevil(Shawn) this fall.At the time they were a little expensive.So I had almost given up the plan when I received an email from Brain showing that Cabelas had them on for half price.They were all sold out except for the one that fits a Yamaha 9.9 High Thrust.Well luck was on my side because that's what my kicker is.

So off to the grat outdoors to remove my kicker from the boat and bring it down to the work room.The install took about an hour and a half.It all fit great except for the motor bracket .But after a few fancy bends it was complete.

IMG_0481_2_1.JPG

IMG_0480_2_1.JPG

IMG_0482_2_1.JPG

With this I wont have to keep running to the back of the boat to adjust my speed and I will be able to return to the speed that was catching fish after going to an idle with just a press of the button.

Anybody else run one of these.I would be interested in your opinions.

Now all I have to do is wait for spring.

Dan

Edited by Percher

Thats a sweet set up. Do you know of any set ups similar to that, that would work on a 40 mariner tiller?? I'd love to have something to set my speed and just leave it. The way mine is now, I can't take my hand off the tiller...........I don't think there is anything like that though?

Maybe its time to upgrade my engine.........

Sinker

That looks great Dan it will make it a lot easer for trolling

can you get that unit for any size kicker?

Rob

Probably every newer model and limited older models but I'm sure it could be adapted. I think model designation has most to do with bracket design - not positive.

Yes I think your right on the bracket Brian.The one that came with my kit looked to be for an older model Yamaha.But with some time spent bending to change the angle so the cowl would fit it was a go.Other than that it's pretty simple to install.

Dan