Update on my leg NF

Rob

Well I went to see the surgeon the other day, had my splint and staples removed and new x-rays of my leg taken. The physiotherapist went through the exercise regime that I will do by myself, it is amazing how tight your muscles and tendons get after 10 days! The surgeon told me no weight bearing for 4 weeks and then some weight bearing after that. I have another appointment with him on March 1st. I will then start physio treatment after that date. I am to wear this new air pillow strut cast for 4 months but I will be able to walk with it after four to five weeks. I have 1 metal plate with 8 screws (4 above the break and 4 below) so far no sign of infection (very good!!!) I am still having some swelling and pain, more so when I do the exercises. The pics below tell it all. I am allowed to remove the cast for bathing, sleeping and exercises. Hope I don't make anyone queezy.

Rob C

pic3.jpg

pic1.jpg

ALL THE BEST WITH UR RECOVERY.... :thumbsup_anim: ..Seeing that pic brings back some awefull memories for me....One being having too clean my sons feet after being in a moon boot very similair to urs for over three months...Not a pleasent experience to say the least. Making me gag just thinking about it.....Man i would make a really bad nurse.....lol :D