Ottawa River Walleye

Decided to hit the river yesterday afternoon to take advantage of the warmer temps and see if I could raise a few eyes for dinner..

Got set-up around 4:00PM and shortly afterwards, it was non stop action :thumbsup_anim: ...I was off the ice by 5:30PM with a 5 out of 8 record...The bigger eyes were caught aggressively jigging a spoon tipped with a full size golden shiner....the Windlass tip-up had a jig head and same size shiners, but produced much smaller eyes... :canadian::Gonefishing:

I kept 2 for dinner and threw the others back for a chance to grow bigger...

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

Great report and pics Steve :thumbsup_anim:

Real nice looking eyes B) Got to love it when fish are active and get non stop action :thumbsup_anim:

What was the length of the ones on the pics?

Looks to me like around 17" - 19"

Good job Steve and thanks for sharing

Jacques

Thanks guys!!...

WE had another wild afternoon yesterday.....12 eyes between 3 of us!!

Hoping to get out later today and tomorrow morning to try a little deeper shoal I know for some big ones ;) ......I heard a rumour that Leechman, Fish Finder and Fishing 24/7 may be paying me a visit sometime this weekend as well... B):w00t:

Really? Wow that's awesome, good job! (may have to fish the Ottawa it seems :) )

It's a bit of a trek for you Mike, but anytime you want, you're more than welcome to come out!!...I don't have my shack out this year but I have keys to 2 of my buddies or just drive the truck out like I do away from the crowds ;)

It's a bit of a trek for you Mike, but anytime you want, you're more than welcome to come out!!...I don't have my shack out this year but I have keys to 2 of my buddies or just drive the truck out like I do away from the crowds ;)

Man, I would LOVE to take you up on your offer if I could swing it!

(That right there is what makes this board great. :) )

Edited by solopaddler

Thanks guys!!...

WE had another wild afternoon yesterday.....12 eyes between 3 of us!!

Hoping to get out later today and tomorrow morning to try a little deeper shoal I know for some big ones ;) ......I heard a rumour that Leechman, Fish Finder and Fishing 24/7 may be paying me a visit sometime this weekend as well... B):w00t:

It sounds like not only do you have the Wall-ice schooling around you... but now you have a school of fishermen around you too Steve!!! :w00t:

It sounds like not only do you have the Wall-ice schooling around you... but now you have a school of fishermen around you too Steve!!! :w00t:

LOL....I'd say. In fact I'd have Solo pick me up on his way if it were at all possible, alas it's not. :(

That's some fine fish'n you have there Steve.