Advice needed... (NF)

Gerritt

My father rang me up from Alberta (Camrose) to ask me every little boys dream.... Would I like his perfectly restored 1984 Harley Davidson Police Special.... (This was the last year the shovelhead was made apparently)

Him and I went on alot of memorable trips on that bike when I was a youngster... it has just been fully restored... But he NEEDS it gone due to divorce...

What would be the best way to get it here?

I looked at flying out, then renting a truck to bring it back... 2300.00 for the truck one way and 179.00 for the flight.....

Driving out and back, I loose a weeks wages and am looking at about 1500.00 in fuel and hotels..

Shipping it here.... only quote I received is about 1000.00 from Calgary (300+ kms from Camrose) to Toronto...

has anyone every shipped a vehicle within Canada? if so can you recommend a shipping company? I really do not feel like putting my faith in a shipping company I found on the internet for a $15,000.00 motorcycle...

Thanks in advance guys!

G.

I subscribe to a Canadian Magazine called Old Autos there are two companies who specialize in and regularly advertise the moving of old vehicals anywhere in North America. You never know you might be able to piggy back with the moving of a car for out west.

We Will Move You 519-818-6464

Ross Wood at Linwood Logistics 705-887-1130

vance

Had a buddy ship his 71 mustang from Calgary to Toronto two years ago for $750 .

10 years prior to that he had used them to ship from toronto to calgary .

was a good experience both times

he used Searail 1-888-456-5558

that included trucking from Calgary to Edmonton then by rail to Toronto.

We will want to see pics of the bike when you get it.

TB

Can't help you with the shipping but I thought you might enjoy this:

TURPENTINE VS HOLY WATER

A little boy was sitting on the curb with a gallon of turpentine,shaking it up and watching all the bubbles.

A while later a Priest came along and asked the little boy what he had. The little boy replied, 'This is the most powerful liquid in the world, it's called turpentine.'

The Priest said, 'No, the most powerful liquid in the world is Holy Water. If you take some of this Holy Water and rub it on a pregnant woman's belly, she'll pass a healthy baby.'

The little boy replied, 'You take some of this turpentine and rub it on a cat's ass, he'll pass a Harley Davidson.'

Gerritt,

I'm having a brain fart and can't remember the company, but John Derringer on Q107 ships his bike out to the West Coast with this company. He always raves about the great service and care they take with his Harley.

I haven't heard the ads for a while now, but someone must remember the company?

You are a lucky fellow....now get her and bring her back home!

Wow. Too bad it's the middle of winter. I'd fly out there and drive it home for you.

No charge. :canadian:

Took the words right outta my mouth :D

I'll talk with my contact at thye shipping company we deal with at work and see if I can get you a quote. If I come up with anything that might be worth while I'll send you a PM.

Lookin forward to the pics.

Ship it down here to me and I'll bring it up there this summer free!I have a spot in a heated garage for it to winter over in.If it has lights and sireeeen I will so pay you to ship it here.

Joe

Edited by Daplumma