Snowfari Adventures

Jay T

Never again will I go to this place, the worst service I have ever encountered with an outfitter.

There was 10 of us that rented a bungalow, we didn't arrive untill 3pm Friday due to some vehicle problems and they just got the 10 man out there, no holes drilled no heat the place was freezing and took a day to warm up in -30. Also they didn't even come back to see if everything was put in the bungalow, by the time we realized we had no water, no pail, no garbage bags. They also give you some minnows to start you off, WOW a whole dozen minnows between 10 guys. Not once during the day did they come by and check on us and see if everything is alright. We had to drag it out of them were to go to get a few fish, we only got 1 eye out of the bungalow.

The thing that really got me was on Saturday morning we were up and getting ready to go out fishing and Ron the main guy says don't go anywhere until we have paid him, he could have waited until we got back in the afternoon and not hold us up by almost an hour to pay this jack :asshat:.

So if you are planning a trip DON'T go to Snowfari Adventures.

Ok I am done now.

Did you go with the cheapest outfitter you could find?

They were a little cheaper, only if you booked early. We booked this trip in early Dec, so we saved $15/person. After you add everything up it isn't cheap!

Sucks when you put your time and money into and outfitter that doesn't give a crap next time try South Shore Ice Condos service is the best on the lake they will go outta their way to help you check in on you at least 3 times a day most days more than that

Sucks when you put your time and money into and outfitter that doesn't give a crap next time try South Shore Ice Condos service is the best on the lake they will go outta their way to help you check in on you at least 3 times a day most days more than that

Thanks, I have heard good things about them too.

I've been to Nipissing every year for the past 10 and we have settled on Grump and Grumpy's.

Great guys, great service, great fishing!

Thanks, and I will also check them out for next year

We had the questionable pleasure of a trip to Snofari last year. I have to agree, the worst service we have ever encountered with an outfitter on Nipissing.

The bungalows were set up where there were no fish (this was according to the outfitter himself) and we were expected to drive ourselves out a couple miles to what he called his 'day-huts'. He showed us the way the first time, never started the heater, didn't clear any holes for us or check on us for bait. He was fairly ignorant the few times we actually saw him, more concerned about getting his money than helping us out with any fish.

Glad to hear it wasn't just us.

next time try South Shore Ice Condos service is the best on the lake they will go outta their way to help you check in on you at least 3 times a day most days more than that

Great to hear this as I am taking some friends for a weekend in February!

We are trying a new operator this year as we received poor service with attitude from the last operator I had used for the previous 3 years. The problem was that we were left without minnows, and when we called 3 hours after he promised to show up, the guy freaked out on us saying to never call his cell phone unless it was an emergency (technically it was - no minnows! haha)

The good thing about Nippissing operators is that there are lots of them and if they take your business for granted there is someone down the street who will be happy for your business.

Thanks for sharing one operator to stay away from.

Tony

Never again will I go to this place, the worst service I have ever encountered with an outfitter.

There was 10 of us that rented a bungalow, we didn't arrive untill 3pm Friday due to some vehicle problems and they just got the 10 man out there, no holes drilled no heat the place was freezing and took a day to warm up in -30. Also they didn't even come back to see if everything was put in the bungalow, by the time we realized we had no water, no pail, no garbage bags. They also give you some minnows to start you off, WOW a whole dozen minnows between 10 guys. Not once during the day did they come by and check on us and see if everything is alright. We had to drag it out of them were to go to get a few fish, we only got 1 eye out of the bungalow.

The thing that really got me was on Saturday morning we were up and getting ready to go out fishing and Ron the main guy says don't go anywhere until we have paid him, he could have waited until we got back in the afternoon and not hold us up by almost an hour to pay this jack :asshat:.

So if you are planning a trip DON'T go to Snowfari Adventures.

Ok I am done now.

Were you just out in the bay from were you drive on the ice? Canadian Copper and I were there two winters ago and said the reason he was so close to shore was bad ice but for an extra fee he would take us out where the fish were <_< . We were sitting on two feet of ice :whistling:. I thought the idea was to fish in the bungalow not go sit in a 4 x 8 little shack and how come all the other outfitters are out there? Scotts wife had given it as a Christmas present to him so I couldn't complain too much, just provide the transportation :thumbsup_anim: .

He ran out of minnows Sat. afternoon and now that I remember it he was pretty crusty old bugger unless you were spending money.

All in all I had a good weekend with a good friend and made the best of it, I think we caught 3 fish from Fri. afternoon till Sun. at lunch. We were away from the wives, what more can you ask for? :lol:

A group of us went there a couple years ago and rented the big bungalo. Same terrible experience as you. The hut was set up in a back bay by the boat launch/ access point and the operator had the nerve to say that "every fish in Nippissing has to go under (our) hut". He wouldn't move the bungalo, which was fine, but he also wouldn't take us and our portables out farther where the fish were being caught even though he said he would when we booked. Of course, when I posted about it on another board I used to frequent I got berated for doing so. I'm glad you can expose bad operators on this one.

Yep I was sucked in by his proffesional and well put together website a few years ago and had the same crappie service and the greedy atitude from the owner.I'm suprised he is still in business.What a joke his whole opperation is.We never caught any fish but that is not a big concern if the guy would at least make a effort to be friendly and helpfull.It was like we should feel honored to be there is his crappie little operation.

Luckly there is some good operators on the Nip.

That is hilarious! (Sorry for the misfortune guys...)

A group of 10 of us booked with this guy 2 years in a row...(5 years ago now)

First year..nothing but 2 mudpuppies, gave him the benifit of the doubt and booked the second year....same thing.

Funny thing is he has been using the same excuses for 5-6 years now...go figure. :wallbash:

I think we were in a parking lot with buckets of water under the holes! :whistling:

Switched to Grumpy's.....class guys all the way!!!

I was just on Nippissing this weekend with Fish of a Lifetime Charters. A fantastic weekend, Sean Degagne runs the service and he and his wife took great care of us. They were there about a half dozen times throughout the day with minnows, checking if we needed anything. They took us out to deeper water to fish, stayed with us the whole time giving us pointers. I would recommend them to anyone.

I will post an actual report on the board.

He knows the business is hurting, just collects what he can now. He actually called me early December to see if our group was going up there this year??? The last time we were booked with him was 2 years ago! He is really trying to drum up business.

Give Carl a call at Grump & Grumpy's....dont waste you time or money.

I could'nt agree more with the negative comments. The only reason he has his operation there is acsess. At best that spot is only productive in the first week of the season and thats it. I have sent buisness his way in the past with nothing but negative feedback. Wont do it again. It does seem like his reputation is catching up with him and thats unfortunate. I hate to see anybody do poorly in the fishing buisness but he's doing it to himself. The good news is there is lots of other operators on the lake who appreicate the buisness and work hard to please their customers. John B