2006 Ranger 175vs

Stoty

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at buying a 2006 Ranger 175vs in mint condition this weekend.

Comes with:

2006 Yamaha 4-stroke - 115 HP

Lowrance GPS

65lb minn kota

all batteries

matching RangerTrail trailer

Any idea on what it's worth?

I want to make sure that I'm not overpaying for it.

Cheers,

*Stoty

I would strongly suggest you talk to the guy with the 115 opti and compare boats,the 2 stroke would perform much better and they are the same on fuel/maintance costs.The 4 stroke would be a dog compared to the Merc.Go to bassboatcentral.com/boats for sale Ranger page to get an idea of different models values in US dollars.

more and more allisons showin up I guess..got intrigued with a convo I had at the boat show about bullet boats, did some serious reading and Im taking a run as soon as the snow brakes to see if I can take a peek and maybe do a deal on that 08 bullet for sale

Stoty if I can give any advise its to get a bigger boat with a bigger engine....I love my boat its the best fishing purchase I have ever done, bought it from one heck of a great guy who maintained it to mint yet at 18.5 feet with a 150 and having been on a lot of 20 plus boats I wish I would have bought bigger and not be dealing with 2 footitis...

Edited by aniceguy

http://www.nadaguides.com/

check out this site. it gives wholesale, tradein, buyback prices.... in US prices, but a standard guide.

base price for boat alone w/o motor is 12,850 US.

add another 1000 or more for features and options....

motor price is around 6000

not sure about trailer price. let's say 1000

21,000 US ball park, probably more...

that comes out to 26,000 canadian...

given most rangers are loaded w/ features and a trailer will add at least a thousand, but also considering that packages are cheaper...

if you can get it for 17K, get it.... if you can get it for 20k get it.

but if you have exact model numbers...and boat options, you can get a better estimate from the nadaguides website.

good luck

Stoty don't pay too much attention to NADA values,their guide has more holes in it than a speed freak,the best thing is to comparison shop similar boats.I will second what niceguy said,you may find under 18' is VERY small once you get used to it and will not have the speed,rough water handling or stability at rest a 18'+ w/v-6 has.

Stoty don't pay too much attention to NADA values,their guide has more holes in it than a speed freak,the best thing is to comparison shop similar boats.I will second what niceguy said,you may find under 18' is VERY small once you get used to it and will not have the speed,rough water handling or stability at rest a 18'+ w/v-6 has.

I can attest to the smaller boat/engine.

I had the 350V Ranger with a 115. Great for the 2 footies like Milo said,but once the 3-4,s start,you can skip the first two,but that third can be a duzzie.

Stoty if I can give any advise its to get a bigger boat with a bigger engine....I love my boat its the best fishing purchase I have ever done, bought it from one heck of a great guy who maintained it to mint yet at 18.5 feet with a 150 and having been on a lot of 20 plus boats I wish I would have bought bigger and not be dealing with 2 footitis...

Thanks for the advice but my truck is a street truck (Chevy Xtreme), so I am limited as to what I can tow. The 20+ full sized boat are too much for my truck.

My life long dream has been to own a ranger, and this size is great for my 1st ever boat actually.

This isnt an upgrade from a 14ft tinny like someone said...this is literally MY first boat.

Again, I appreciate all the comments/advice though.

Sounds like I am getting a good deal, that's for sure.

Research that motor. We had 1 at the lodge where I worked and for 2 years it was nothing but problems. Our 90's were almost flawless but that 115 was a bugger. I heard someone else say the same thing one time too about that 115. At least ask the owner for the maintenance history to see if he's had to have it in the shop a lot. Just an FYI and I didn't want to rain on your parade but when you're spending that much $$$ you want to cover all your bases. Odds are it works well though. Good luck.

dude, I don't know what a footistis is but if that means dragging more than one buddy along....forget it! I can barely tolerate a partner let alone a third of fourth person on my boat....even if it was 30 feet long. Anyway, it obviously depends on what water you are fishing 80% of the time.....big water will be a problem from time to time but if you can handle it, that ranger will too. Common sense prevails on the water bro,......live the dream, get the Ranger.

RR