williams jigging spoon - why the extra hooks?

cram

I bought one Willaim's Whitefish lure a few years back and 1/2 of the middle hook broke off just in transporting the lure around in a case over the last few years. Seems to be cheaply made compared to the main treble.

Guest gbfisher

If you are JUSt after Lake trout. Use a different spoon.

If you are after Whitefish, fish it on bottom. The side hooks are just for the whitefish as they pick the lure up off bottom. Thats where they feed usually.,

If you use it incorrectly, it can be used to SNAG fish.

Used correctly, it is a killer lure for Whitefish.

Thanks!! Didn't think of the whitefish angle. Assume whitey fisherman use the smaller size and laker fisherman use the larger size though....no?

And why remove the hooks? Why not just buy the williams whitefish in same size (it looks like the same spoon just upside down)

Edited by cram

Guest gbfisher

maybe leave them on Raf.

There Be Whitefish in them there waters.... :thumbsup_anim:

:mellow: ....I guess it aint gonna happen seeing as how you use rubber and all.

Whities eat rubber as well. :lol: .... I'll make sure I take a picture of the entire 4" tube down the whities throat. :D

Cram. Use the larger williams in Half and half hammered.... ;) On Simcoe its the go to lure.

I only use a Meegs or a williams. Thats all ya need.

I fished quinte today. All our fish came off the williams half 'n half. Both sizes, with side hooks removed. For eyes, I take the side hooks off,and replace the treble with a bigger, red one. For whities, I like those side hooks nice and tight to the lure, and razor sharp. Its gotta be sticky sharp, or you'll miss a lot of hits.

Sinker