What to do even when Drain Auger does not work on clogged drain

okumasheffield

Just got back from a quick 2-day trip to Windosr yesterday to

find out my bathtub drain was clogged up.

It is so bad that there is no vertex or whirlpool on the surface when filled up

with water ...

Could not figure out what could cause this since it was working just fine the

morning I left

Tried Drain Auger from Home Depot with Drano MaxGel and it didnt work.

The entire 8-feet Auger went all the way in and could not dig out anything

Help!

Is anything else on the same pipe? My downstairs shower and kitchen sink use the same pipe to drain. Shower was slow draining and so was the kitchen sink, ran a snake (25 foot) thru to thr junction and didn`t really feel any blockage, then I put a couple cable ties on the end of the snake, cut them short like 3/4 inch and ran it thru.

Ran hot water into the sink and let it fill, it all backed up in the shower, grease build up, ran the snake thru again and it was all gone. Left the hot water run in the sink while I was doing it.

I work in the business for a municipality. We do only municipal repairs but we investigate every call. If I have one piece of solid advice I have to give, it is to not call any company with the word ROOTER in it. Seen way too many botched jobs and people been taken advantaged of. If you have a septic tank make sure the chemical is safe for it. You can rent longer snakes at Home Depot for cheaper than buying. If you can't get it cleared call a plumber who has done fair work for someone you know.

Curt

So? Are you flowing yet?

Living in my own version of 'This Old Freakin' House', drainage problems are pretty common around here so I find this interesting.

If you have access to the drain pipe in the basement or something, you could try running hot water into the bath-tub and then feeling the drain pipe with your hand at different spots and you might be able to find where the clog is.

Good luck. :canadian:

Guest steel'n'esox

There is a product called clearline, it comes in a 1litre bottle and the product is a red liquid. I was told at a cash an carry plumbing shop to try thios if it does not work call a plumber, it hasnt failed me yet. wear rubber gloves and read the instructions carefully before using good luck

I have checked all sinks & drains and they are all ok except the bathtub.

Are there other reasons to cause the clog in such a fast manner?

Going to try the 25 ft auger tomorrow

That should do the trick,most tub drain lines are fairly short.

Joe