Quick Burr Lake Trip

limeyangler

Hi all,

Had planned to go for a long day fising at Burr Lake with some buddies. As things turned out my buddy had a medical emergency in the family and could not come.

I ended up going and got into a ton of perch but had to wait til the last bite of the day for a walleye. Was nice that the perch were being aggressiv today....made for a lot of running between my two lines, keeping me occupied as i waited for the walleye to show up. I was going to move but never did as time was limited.

Anyway, got a couple of nice fillets of walleye in the end, wasn't cold, and was kept busy. (i would have kept some perch as they were big enough, but i was noticing a lot of worms in the flesh around the gills and mouth.

All fish in 17 - 19 FOW on jig and plain hook with split shot sinker.

TONS OF THESE GUYS

IMG_2538.jpg

ONLY WALLEYE FOR TODAY

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i263.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid263.photobucket.com/albums/ii158/vishuscirquel/MVI_2540.flv">

Best wishes for the new year to you all.

Great report, pic and video Simon :thumbsup_anim:

It sure fun catching perch when they are active on a jig :thumbsup_anim: Keeps you busy like you said :thumbsup_anim:

Good on you for sticking it out and sweet reward catching that very nice walter :clapping:

Best wishes to you to :canadian::thumbsup_anim:

Keep those reports coming and thanks for sharing

Jacques