Question about a flasher unit???

crabbs

Don't listen to all the crap about which unit is best, any flasher will give you all the info you need , I use an still do an old vex fl8 and it gives me all the info I need when ice fishing, I sorta laugh out loud when I see these dudes arguing over vex... marcum.and such all you need is a flasher to mark your presention and your 90% better then fishing blind. Just get a unit that will pick up your presentation and your good to go

Do any of you older lads remember or heard of the old Heathkit flasher?.... :whistling:

I remember that one you had it build it form a kit , thats about the same time I bought a green box remeber those old ones, good ole flashers would be perfect for ice fishers hahahaha, lowerence made the green box I think

I remember that one you had it build it form a kit , thats about the same time I bought a green box remeber those old ones, good ole flashers would be perfect for ice fishers hahahaha, lowerence made the green box I think

The green boxes were the original and were indeed made by Lowrance.

Awesome......I think I tried the heathkit flasher back in 1981 :canadian:

The only thing that it might do is cause interference to other flashers in the area, most new flashers have interference rejection systems but might not get rid of interference from older models. Or other flashers from around you might interfere with yours.