Lower Grand River Ice Watch 08/09 & Reports

Fishmaster

Yes the ice from way up river is alote thinner then down here were the river is deep we had allmost a 1 ft of Ice 4 days ago ...and a 1 ft of ice don't give in that easy ...river was up 4 to 5 ft ths morning below the Dunnville Dam but it droped a good 2 to 3 ft by 5 pm tonight ....i live right on the River and see whats happens hourly ...it usally take about 3 days for it to slow down after a freeze up...im guessing by next week i will be back out on the Lower Grand Ice Fishing ....-10 here tommrow night ...Steve aka Fishmaster

Edited by Jen

Sinker and I were going to head down to Dunnville on Wed. Guess we might have to re-think that plan. Thanks for the updates Steve, much appreciated!

Hmmm..........maybe we can net those smelts from shore now??? That would be awesome!!!!

Keep us posted Fishmaster!!!

Sinker

Just on the news... severe warnings about some areas in dunville.. lots of localized flooding as the ice is flowing from as far as Kitchener..... I would be VERY wary.... On CHCH News as I speak.. the pictures and video look brutal!! I also know what I saw flowing over the Caledonia dam... not a pretty site... Be safe out there folks!!!

Many homes,trailers and cottages flooded.... Some with bad damage from the ice flowing down the river..... Hope they had insurance!

G

Edited by Gerritt