Insurance claim sell offs

Fang

For those upcoming long winter nights

I had forgot about this US web site until a few days ago when a guy at work was asking about ATV auctions. It's chock full of insurance write offs for ATV's, boats, bikes and any other sports vehicles. My buds and I used to surf it with the plan to drive over to the US and pick us up a really cheap bike, atv, sled and fix it up.

Just flipping through the different vehicle posts is a bunch of fun and reading all the damage, descriptions is neat. Look for the fire and hwy accident write offs. They're a hoot to read all the damage.

http://www.crashedtoys.com/

If they ever list a 1750 Crestliner I might just buy it for parts. HA HA HA

Enjoy

Good deals to be had on sites like that but often you better be handy and be well equipped. Easy to get junk as well. Hard to tell sometimes if the engines are any good. Is something like that worth it if you end up spending lots of time and money on them? Used to buy stuff like that years ago and fix them up. Sometimes worked out, sometimes not.

PS

Watched one burn like that one day out on the lake Kemper. It backfired, and the foam in the intake took fire. We couldn't get it out. We started out throwing snow on it (it was all we had). But to no avail, it melted the fuel tank and whooof. There was nothing left but a melted hole and a blob of metal.

I caught my BSA on fire, big ball of flame, the gas cap wasn't very tight and we had flames fed from the tank.

When you ride Brit bikes you don't bother getting off, just take off your jacket and smother the flames and your good to go.

I saw a new Yamaha road star on ebay once , it had fell over and broke the running board off leaving the broken bolt in the frame. It was a write off because they priced it to take everything off and put it into a new frame, and the insurance co. could make $ selling it for more than they paid out.